• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

A2 Physics | Post your doubts here

Reaction score
A sinusoidal carrier wave has frequency 500 kHz and amplitude 6.0 V. It is to be
frequency modulated by a sinusoidal wave of frequency 8 kHz and amplitude 1.5 V.
The frequency deviation of the carrier wave is 20 kHz V–1.
Describe, for the carrier wave, the variation (if any) of
A: amplitude
B: Frequency

can sum1 plz tell the answer of part B?? how to calculate the frequecy?
thanks! :)
frequency varies 20Khz V-1 . so total variation is 20 x 1.5 = 30KHz. max frequency is 530KHz and min frequency is 470kHz

Reaction score
explain why it is necessary to make repeated amplifications of signal......
signal loose energy as it travels....so must be amplified in order to prevent the signal from being lost in the noise.....
In order that a signal may be detected adequately, its power must be a minimum number of times
greater than the power associated with noise.....this ratio is the signal to noise ratio

Reaction score
Well, guys, I'm going to sleep now. Need to be fresh for tomorrow's exam! Thank you all for participating in this forum and teaching me some valuable tips to get me as ready as I can be for tomorrow's exam. May one and all do well in the exam and achieve your desired results! (y):p

Reaction score
@smzimran
Thank you for pointing it out. I'll make sure that I will use the previous answers in my calculations.
Best of Luck brother! (y)
Btw, what is your location ?
If its Pakistan, isn't it too early to sleep? Not even Isha prayer time has come :D