• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

About percentage uniform marks!

Reaction score
I got this from the cie website

Will percentage uniform marks be available for the June 2010 session?

CIE has decided to make further tests to check the validity and integrity of the new percentage uniform marks that will be available for candidates in some countries.

Percentage uniform marks will now be introduced for the October/November 2010 session and we are consulting further with schools to establish demand for percentage uniform marks, which will appear on statements of results.

Candidates in countries where marks are reported will continue to receive them. All candidates will receive the usual alphabetical grades, and the introduction of the A* grade is unaffected.

DOES THIS MEAN WE WONT GET UNIFORM MARKS IN JUNE 2010 RESULT?meaning well only get the grades??

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
EDIT: Percentage uniform marks are a baseline on which a certain grade is made.

Reaction score
YAR RXLT Has cum 6 a s tars 1 a 1 b bt i want too knw wats percentage uniform mrx. SO planetmaster plx expalin me wats % uniform mrx.EXAMPLE wud be ample

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
hassam said:
YAR RXLT Has cum 6 a s tars 1 a 1 b bt i want too knw wats percentage uniform mrx. SO planetmaster plx expalin me wats % uniform mrx.EXAMPLE wud be ample
Percentage uniform marks are marks based upon a threshold level set by the percentile.

Reaction score
But the percentage unifrom marks apply to some countries only-In my country we still don't have it. :(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yes..u r right...i didnt know that b4 bt when i got my result i was surprised we dont have ...

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
yes..u r right...i didnt know that b4 bt when i got my result i was surprised we dont have ...

Yup I think it's good in a way,imagine like you get 89(which is almost to A*),but still end up getting A. Well, what I don't understand is,for the countries NOT using this A* format,do the requirement grades vary depending on the overall performance?

Reaction score
No you people are wrong! The change of percentage uniform marks are now world wide, according to the website that I have given. iTS not only in pakistan its worldwide. That are rules made by cie themselves and you know that all the papers go to UK for checking. So the place they are checked follow the same rules of percentage uniform marks.

Reaction score
shahlakh said:
No you people are wrong! The change of percentage uniform marks are now world wide, according to the website that I have given. iTS not only in pakistan its worldwide. That are rules made by cie themselves and you know that all the papers go to UK for checking. So the place they are checked follow the same rules of percentage uniform marks.

Ehm well mate,in my country,even during the June 2010 session,we still were graded with A only.No A* or so. Even CIE claims it's for some countries,not all. Go check their website.