• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

accounting p4

Reaction score
Yes pls!!!! we definitely need a correct prediction or even close!!! one thing which I can predict is that its main focus will be on basics!!! nd Q1 would be one hell of a task!!

Reaction score
Mr JAMES BOND
why dont you get us a copy of p4 varient 2?
i believe it would be a piece of cake for you,as you are BOND 007? :p

Reaction score
can anyone help me with redemption of shares please?????
how do you account for redemption of shares at a premium? what to do the premium paid on redemption is higher than it was issued on? and what to do if the premium paid on redemption is higher than the premium for new issue of shares?

Reaction score
username! said:
can anyone help me with redemption of shares please?????
how do you account for redemption of shares at a premium? what to do the premium paid on redemption is higher than it was issued on? and what to do if the premium paid on redemption is higher than the premium for new issue of shares?
You should remember a simple trick man firstly you will have to see whether or not the Capital redemption reserve is to be created you can check this by one way:
1. Were the shares originally issued at premium?
2. Are there any new shares being issued to finance for the redemption?
If both of these conditions are satisfied then you can create the entry of Share premium(debit) Bank(credit) but if anyone does not satisfy than you will have to create the CRR(Capital redemption reserve).
Utilizing your Profit and loss(retained profit) for this.

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation of redemption of shares "diskfrisker". Helped me alot