• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting paper 22 discussions here.

Reaction score
the most concerning ratio in q3?
I wrote ROCE :/
and why the goodwill is arisen?
I just wrote so that the existing partners can be benefited and so the new partners capital acc is not overstated. It obv wrong I guess
I don't know exactly but i wrote Current Ratio, nd for Goodwill i wrote "It removes the difference between the current price of F.assets and the value the business has kept".

Reaction score
I accidentally did the income statement and balance sheet part of q1 with a pencil as I was not sure of the values though thank god I got some of those correct. Will they cut marks for writing with a pencil as it was mentioned on the front page to write with dark blue or black pen plzzzz reply
They shouldn't but im not sure

Reaction score
I wrote C.Employed 1000000, this is the same value as L.T.Liabilities. Why is it wrong?? Was their anything to add to the Capital? N.profit or anything....
PLZZ REPLY FAST, I AM ANXIOUS TO KNOW.

Reaction score
In number.2 should goodwill be raised for both partners or just Grosz? :S

And If you guys remember in paper 12, there was a question similar to this where a new partner was being admitted and goodwill was valued at something (don't remember the figure). They didn't tell to write off goodwill there either :/ But many candidates had chosen the option where goodwill was raised then written off (As seen on the thread for P12). Thoughts?

Reaction score
In number.2 should goodwill be raised for both partners or just Grosz? :S

And If you guys remember in paper 12, there was a question similar to this where a new partner was being admitted and goodwill was valued at something (don't remember the figure). They didn't tell to write off goodwill there either :/ But many candidates had chosen the option where goodwill was raised then written off (As seen on the thread for P12). Thoughts?
Good will would be only credited for Grosz. Why would it be for the partner joining the business?

Reaction score
Good will would be only credited for Grosz. Why would it be for the partner joining the business?
Oh man I raised it for both partners! What a stupid mistake, what was I thinking!? Damn I thought I had a perfect paper but oh well. How much do you suppose I'd lose for this? 8-10 marks? There's no chance for a 90% after this. :(

Reaction score
Btw, many people found the paper easy, yet did soo many silly mistakes, its obvious, naah not obvious but maube the GT will be low. --> Fingers crossed <--

Reaction score
i found the paper easy and thought it went good before coming to this thread:(
anyway the examiner will check your answers even if you wrote on the blank part of the paper below the lines right? like not on lines..i had to cut some answers.
oh and without the percentile how many marks can you lose and still get an A this year and have a chance of an A* next year????????????

Reaction score
i want to know who is giving complete A-level...and fails in P1 n P2 means As part and get gd marks in P3 n P4 so over all result will be pass or fail :unsure:

Reaction score
i want to know who is giving complete A-level...and fails in P1 n P2 means As part and get gd marks in P3 n P4 so over all result will be pass or fail :unsure:
That would be extremely difficult I think. From where I come from all the teachers tell us to try our best to score above 90% as there's a big chance of your grade to drop in the second stage (A2). A2 is very hard from what I've heard so far and people re-sit for exams even if they barely scrape an A in the AS level (around 80~82).

So I don't think what you say is possible unless you plan to go all out and never give up.

Reaction score
That would be extremely difficult I think. From where I come from all the teachers tell us to try our best to score above 90% as there's a big chance of your grade to drop in the second stage (A2). A2 is very hard from what I've heard so far and people re-sit for exams even if they barely scrape an A in the AS level (around 80~82).

So I don't think what you say is possible unless you plan to go all out and never give up.
Nothing's impossible. ;)