• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounting

Reaction score
I don'tknow really but yall talking about the the randall book :) . I have this book the black green one. I do not know if the techer is wrong or not but sometime he says that the answer at the back are sometime wrong. can someone tell me plz if it true?.
Im new to accounting, in my opinion its a very difficult subject and I really hate it and I realy regret that I;ve chose this.:cry:
plus what makes accounting more difficult i's the teacher who teaches us. many student found it difficult to understand his annoying accent:mad: . every time I hear him talk I just want to throw away my ears. it's so annoying.:mad::confused: . im suffering
anyways can someone tell me what other book available for accounting?

I'm sorry to hear your situation. I don't wanna sound harsh but looks like your teacher is finding accounting himself difficult and thus chose to say the answers at the back is wrong. I have the black and green textbook too like in the photo but it is the 2010 version. I haven't come across a single wrong answer as yet and I am in chapter 30 already. I am homeschooling so I kinda developed my own study techniques. I must admit accounting isn't a very easy subject but once you grasp the basics - it is easier. I do past papers, but only on the subjects I have covered. I suggest you thoroughly understand the first 6 chapters of the book before you go on. Its the basics but it takes long to grasp - once you do - it will do wonders. Also try doing some IGCSE past papers before you attempt the AS level. It will give you more confidence. Feel free to ask for help...

Reaction score
help wanted on additional exercises chapter 12. harold randoll book
trial balance
trade debtors 19800
provision for doubtful debt 800

3. trade debtors includes debts totaling $1700 which is known to be bad. the provision for doubtful debt is to be adjusted to include a specific provision of $1700 and a general provision of 5%.
plz!!! can someone tell me how to do this part. what to put in the tradin ,profit and loss account. by showing clearly the working.

Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me what would happen to the cost of sales if youv got a low rate of stock turnover?

Reaction score
help wanted on additional exercises chapter 12. harold randoll book
trial balance
trade debtors 19800
provision for doubtful debt 800

3. trade debtors includes debts totaling $1700 which is known to be bad. the provision for doubtful debt is to be adjusted to include a specific provision of $1700 and a general provision of 5%.
plz!!! can someone tell me how to do this part. what to put in the tradin ,profit and loss account. by showing clearly the working.

For P&L: 1805 increase in provision.

It is very easy. No baddebt accounting because baddebt havn't occured yet. First a specific provision of 1700 will be recorded in Prov bad debts A/c( P&L Debit, Prov Credit). Then for calculating the general provision first deduct the specific provision from Trade debtors and then multiply it by 5% i.e (19800-1700)*5%=905. Now your year end provision is equals to 1700+905=2605. For P&L we book the incr or decr in Provision. So simply deduct opening provision bal of 800 from closing bal of 2605 i.e (2605-800)=1805incr in provision.

Prov.Baddebts T A/c

bal b/d 800(Credit side)
P&L 1700(specific prov Credit side)
P&L 105(credit side)
Bal c/d 2605(debit side)

Mohsin Khan
O&A level Accounting teacher at Brainiac's Tutelage DHA.

Reaction score
Fa
Hey..To be honest, I can TOTALLY understand your situation..I am giving Accounting AS level this October and this is my first year.....I tried practicing past papers and realized that I still have to work really hard....Regarding the book...I em also using the Harold Randall book and there are many answers at the back of the book which are actually wrong.....I am saying this for the 2005 version book which I am currently using..There is an updated version as well...Maybe it has a better marking scheme..
Fatima AS level Accounting is very easy. I am offering AS level Crash Course in Karachi at brainiac's Tutelage tuition center DHA. It is starting from 15 August. Il be also giving away AS level notes you can purchase that as well. Randall does not cover all the details it is good for theory but not for self study. The pink Randal is best amongs all the Randols for practicing AS level.

Reaction score
Reaction score
OK so dear sisters and brothers can u give me some explanation on the concepts please?