• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

accounts p2...!!1

Reaction score
There are 2 kinds of shares:
Preference Share and Ordinary Share, Ordinary share holders are the owner of the company, they get a chance to vote in Annual general meeting, while preference share holders are entiled to a certain amount of dividend, though ordinary share holders don't get paid dividend on a fixed rate but it depends upon the profit of the company.
Shares many be redeemable or non-redeemable, but that's only the case with preference shares. Reedemable shares are issued back to the company are a certain time, while non-reedemable are kept until the company dissolves.
Shares have a nominal value called 'par'. They can be issued above the par value and below the par value. But in CIE AS level, only above the par is mentioned. When shares are issued above the par, they are basically issued at premium. For example: If a share is of $1 and it is issued at $1.5 then the extra $0.5 is the share premium. Accounting entry for these are:
Bank 1.50 DR
Share capital 1 CR
Share premium 0.5 CR
thank you sooo much salman ..:)
umm i need more help in the costing chapter,... :(

Reaction score
Reaction score
This is Paper 2 right? Will there be any questions from Company Accounts? Weird because I didn't see any questions from the component /22 past papers (2008 - 2012). :/ Correct me if I'm wrong.

I need help with Costing.
Whenever I just see a question related to that, I feel like skipping them most of the time.
Just if anyone could point out the basics in it. Especially with over/under absorption thingy. How it is examined on the paper(s) and so on. Please :)

Reaction score
Hi..please can anyone help me with question 3 part D of november 2012? How did we get (163900) as FOH under absorbed? I've done till total profit however 163900 is not coming ..
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w12_ms_22.pdf
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Accounting (9706)/9706_w12_qp_22.pdf
The total labour hour after the hazel shampoo is closed down would be 29700
This would be as the production would increase by 10% for both the other shampoo's bringing it to
132000 for A and
66000 for P
This gives us the total labour hour of 29700 x 13 = $386100
Deduct it with the Fixed cost, that is $550,000 - 386100 = $163900

Reaction score
This is Paper 2 right? Will there be any questions from Company Accounts? Weird because I didn't see any questions from the component /22 past papers (2008 - 2012). :/ Correct me if I'm wrong.

I need help with Costing.
Whenever I just see a question related to that, I feel like skipping them most of the time.
Just if anyone could point out the basics in it. Especially with over/under absorption thingy. How it is examined on the paper(s) and so on. Please :)
1) If Your actual overheads are more than the absorption (OAR * actual activity level) then overheads are under absorbed.
2) under absorbed overheads are added in the absorption profit statement to calculate gross profit.

3) If actual overheads are less than the absorption (OAR * actual activity level) then overheads are over absorbed.
4) over absorbed overheads are subtracted from absorption profit statement to find gross profit.

Mostly in exam they ask u to calculate n tell whether overheads are over or under absorbed.
N they ask u the effect over or under absorbed overheads have.

Hope it helped u understand. :)

Reaction score
1) If Your actual overheads are more than the absorption (OAR * actual activity level) then overheads are under absorbed.
2) under absorbed overheads are added in the absorption profit statement to calculate gross profit.

3) If actual overheads are less than the absorption (OAR * actual activity level) then overheads are over absorbed.
4) over absorbed overheads are subtracted from absorption profit statement to find gross profit.

Mostly in exam they ask u to calculate n tell whether overheads are over or under absorbed.
N they ask u the effect over or under absorbed overheads have.

Hope it helped u understand. :)

I think I understood something. Thank you :)