• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Add Maths credit...?

Reaction score
Does Add Maths has half credit? If yes then why? What I mean is that it is a challenging subject but still it has half credit? Others' opinion required!

Reaction score
Add maths is basically for those who want to do A levels !! it is the maths of A level of paper 1,2 and 3 !! I don't know about credit but Its worth giving !! :)

Reaction score
what do u mean by half credit it is worth taking if u do A Levels like @salmanpakrocks said but its up to u,

Reaction score
Half credit means that it counts not a full subject but equal to half of a subject. It means that if someone is taking add maths as an extra subject with his 8 main subs, then he would be taking a total of 8 1/2 subs instead of 9. This is what I've heard from my teacher. I myself do not understand how and why is this like it so I am asking you people about this. However I do know its importance as I compared its syllabus with P1 of a level maths and astonishingly both were the same and at some places even the whole sentences were the same. But I want to know about the credit thing! Any know idea on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reaction score
nopes its a whole 1 subject its counted every where as 1 its not half credit its full so take it if u are doing this and it will be recognised if u get an A* in it. Its hard but if u get A* and u understand the concepts M1 of A levels and other papers are no difficult for u.By the way M1 consists of those Physics type questions.So go for it.

Reaction score
shezi1995 said:
Half credit means that it counts not a full subject but equal to half of a subject. It means that if someone is taking add maths as an extra subject with his 8 main subs, then he would be taking a total of 8 1/2 subs instead of 9. This is what I've heard from my teacher. I myself do not understand how and why is this like it so I am asking you people about this. However I do know its importance as I compared its syllabus with P1 of a level maths and astonishingly both were the same and at some places even the whole sentences were the same. But I want to know about the credit thing! Any know idea on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
As I told you earlier Paper 1,2 and 3 of A level Maths are same as Add maths !!

Reaction score
P3 is a bit more complicated than Add maths.
@Shezi. First of all it doesn't matter if its half credit or not. O'levels credits are not really counted when it comes to university admissions. Everyone knows how much challenging this subject is. It doesn't even matter if its a half credit. What matters is the help that you get through it when you take Maths at A'levels. And some schools don't even allow you to take up Further Mathematics in A'levels without having gone through the challenge of Add Maths.

Reaction score
Yup and only a few schools offer that subject,its that difficult :( :( :(
But im sure we can solve it not now later. :D

Reaction score
Why not its not pretty difficult once u get the hang of it but yeah its no use making up mind from now. :D

Reaction score
Further Mathematics maybe is the most difficult subject in A'levels. But its what you call MATHEMATICS. Further Maths is the only subject that introduces you to proof and tells what really mathematics is all about and that too before you enter the university. I love this subject eventhough there is a lot of hard work to be put in for it.