• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Add. Maths help

Reaction score
Can anyone plz scan and post pg 15 of 'New Additional Mathematics' Book? Wil be really grateful. Actually I have a pirated book and I don't get a clue about the shaded part on the venn diagrams here.

Reaction score
Can anyone plz scan and post pg 15 of 'New Additional Mathematics' Book? Wil be really grateful. Actually I have a pirated book and I don't get a clue about the shaded part on the venn diagrams here.

is there a new book as you say new additional mathematics or its that same old book :D

Reaction score
In a certain class, 30 pupils took an examination paper in English and an examination paper in Chinese. The results are shown below:​
22 passed for English and 8 failed
18 passed for Chinese and 12 failed.
Given that x pupils passed both papers and 3 failed both papers, illustrate the results by drawing a Venn diagram.​
How to illustrate this data in a Venn diagram?​

Reaction score
In a certain class, 30 pupils took an examination paper in English and an examination paper in Chinese. The results are shown below:​
22 passed for English and 8 failed
18 passed for Chinese and 12 failed.
Given that x pupils passed both papers and 3 failed both papers, illustrate the results by drawing a Venn diagram.​
How to illustrate this data in a Venn diagram?​

I think you make two seperate venn diagrams and then illustrate the data,one for failure the other for those who passed and there u should have the answer :D

Reaction score
I think you make two seperate venn diagrams and then illustrate the data,one for failure the other for those who passed and there u should have the answer :D
I tried it the way u r saying. Wrong answer:(.
Kindly can u do it and tell me how did u do it? I think u'v already given the Add. Maths paper.
Btw thnx a lot for your consideration.

Reaction score
I tried it the way u r saying. Wrong answer:(.
Kindly can u do it and tell me how did u do it? I think u'v already given the Add. Maths paper.
Btw thnx a lot for your consideration.

Isnt this the answer make one venn diagram for the failures in english and chinese and another separate one for passing people ! i ll check this soon and let you know :D

Reaction score
Isnt this the answer make one venn diagram for the failures in english and chinese and another separate one for passing people ! i ll check this soon and let you know :D[/quote]
Ah! I did it.....such a simple question and took me 5 hourssssssss:D:(
Actually we'll make a venn diagram for Pass students and write '3' (students who failed in both) outside the two circles, A'^B'=3. So there'll be 4 groups in that venn diagram: (1) Students who passed in English only (2) Students who passed in Chinese only (3) Students who passed in both (4) Students who did not pass in any. The value of x is 13, which is right! You get it now?
Btw this question if Exercise 1.3 Q2 in the Add. Maths course book which I mentioned above.

Reaction score
Well i dont think u know it but this is the weakest topic i had in Add maths and its showing :D :D I hate sets :p