• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Additional Mathematics required?

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Um an o level student and I gave my first sittings, English, Biology and Mathematics syllabus D. I'm going to appear in the second sitting, physics, chemistry, human and social biology. Well, um really confused if I need to take the subject "ADDITIONAL MATHEMATICS" for o levels!

Um interested in medical studies, and really not planning to take maths in A' level because um gonna study medical (want to become a doctor).

I also don't know if I need to take maths in A'levels.
I need clear suggestions from you people and make a bright future for myself!

Reaction score
(1) Do not take Additional Mathematics in O Levels if you do not plan to take Maths in A Levels as well since it will cover most of the A Level syllabus.
(2) For medical, you must take Physics, Chemistry and Biology so in that case you can only take Mathematics as a 4th subject, you can manage Maths very easily if you take Additional Mathematics in O Levels.

Reaction score
I don't wanna take maths in A'levels! Will that affect my future when I would take admission in any medical university?

Reaction score
really? Then should I quit? :/ I mean if it is not important in my future, why should I waste time?

but if you can, you should take it... cuz its diff to stand in med. after A levels cuz a level syll does not cover that much topic required for med as it is covered in intermediate in pakistan. so you must have an alternate too. or you go to FSc in pakistan, or just read its books during your Alevel which i am gonna do :)

Reaction score
but if you can, you should take it... cuz its diff to stand in med. after A levels cuz a level syll does not cover that much topic required for med as it is covered in intermediate in pakistan. so you must have an alternate too. or you go to FSc in pakistan, or just read its books during your Alevel which i am gonna do :)
I'll certainly go for medical because um not that good at physics which could help me in "Engineering"! :/ And um really interested in medical. Well, um in Bangladesh, not Pakistan! :p

Reaction score
I don't wanna take maths in A'levels! Will that affect my future when I would take admission in any medical university?

You'll be able to get your admission without Maths easily. And since you won't be taking Maths in A Levels, you shouldn't be studying Additional Maths in O Levels either, you may study any other subject.

Reaction score
I'll certainly go for medical because um not that good at physics which could help me in "Engineering"! :/ And um really interested in medical. Well, um in Bangladesh, not Pakistan! :p

ok then, best of luck (y)

Reaction score
You'll be able to get your admission without Maths easily. And since you won't be taking Maths in A Levels, you shouldn't be studying Additional Maths in O Levels either, you may study any other subject.
Thanks! a lot! No more stress!