• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Admission In Karachi Grammer School ( KGS ) for A'Levels

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I had This Curious Query in my mind from a long time! what is the minimum requirement of A's for Admissions in KGS. Kindly Please reply with your Experiences with KGS and Tell me the minimum grade requirement for KGS. I already have 2 B's and I'll appear for 9 Subjects in May/June 2012 So getting 8 A's is Enough for the admission or not? Plus I'm really active in Extra Activities. I have over 60-70 Certificates in Sports,Debates,Competitions,Community Service Etc So PLEASEE Replyyy!:D Ill really appreciate your sincere responses towards my query! Thank You :')

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I had This Curious Query in my mind from a long time! what is the minimum requirement of A's for Admissions in KGS. Kindly Please reply with your Experiences with KGS and Tell me the minimum grade requirement for KGS. I already have 2 B's and I'll appear for 9 Subjects in May/June 2012 So getting 8 A's is Enough for the admission or not? Plus I'm really active in Extra Activities. I have over 60-70 Certificates in Sports,Debates,Competitions,Community Service Etc So PLEASEE Replyyy!:D Ill really appreciate your sincere responses towards my query! Thank You :')

I had a total of 7A*, 2As and 1B ..
I appeared for seven subs in my last year of O levels and had 6 A*s and 1 A but I was not able to get into KGS. The head claimed tat they had five times the applications than the number of seats available and probably the other reason could have been that i submitted my application on the second of the two days available.
But believe me , my other two friends who had 12As (one with 6As and 6A*s and the other with 8A*s and 4As) and submitted their application on the first day were also not able to get in.. (the excuse was that they did not had A* and had A in phy or some other sub) ... I , filling the criteria was also rejected ..

So the conclusion is that its very hard to get into KGS ... The criteria two years back was: 1. 7As in one sheet 2. A total of 8As and Bs

Note: I cant comment on the credibiliity of the exxtra curricular certificates