• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice about further studies!

Reaction score
Well, I've gone through my O levels and now it is time to think whether to do F.Sc OR A levels. (If moderators or Admins think that this is not the place for this topic, then they may move it)

During my o-levels, I was damn sure that I will do A levels, but I've heard many things about the equivalence, etc. So, this has forced me to get advice of the students of A-Levels. I just wanted to know that as I want to live in pakistan and do a job over here in future, people have advised me to do F.Sc. Plus, they're telling me If I would do A levels, then I won't get admission in the GOOD universities of Lahore. =/ I'm really not interested in doing F.Sc, and I really want to do A levels, as I want to do Further Mathematics, etc. Also, I'm afraid of Islamiat and Urdu of F.Sc. =@

Please help me out! Please!

Reaction score
Shoot for the moon. A* will get a higher equivalance. Don't sacrifice the skills that A level will indulge in u for a few marks.

Reaction score
if u wanna join UET or any govt uni for sure, then better go for fsc..
but if u r willing n able to cope wid a levels then the optio for u in lahore will be LUMS or FAST etc... i wld suggest u to do A levels, n if u wanna study further maths, then dont take more than 4 other subjects wid it..
and also check how we felt abt further in the first year.. :-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ6V4882uKY
:D
can help u more tmrw, hav to prepare for a ppr rite nw.. :)

Reaction score
Do A-levels,start preparing for your LCAT from these holidays...as you hardly get free time during your A-levels,and then apply at LUMS.

Reaction score
Zohaib Sherazi said:
Shoot for the moon. A* will get a higher equivalance. Don't sacrifice the skills that A level will indulge in u for a few marks.

Very true.. !!! Consider wt u are losing in the name of equivalence... !! I have juss studied AS chem and Phy and it seems good to knw this much stuff !!:D

Reaction score
o loved the video! and the back ground music! haha
yeah, go for A levels.....its better for you.

Reaction score
Really depends on what field you will be pursuing. If you can inform us about that then we might be able to guide you better!

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
Really depends on what field you will be pursuing. If you can inform us about that then we might be able to guide you better!
I'll do Engineering. ^_^
@All above: I REALLY WANT TO DO A-levels, but I've seen a senior who did A-levels and he didn't get admission in ANY university, so now he's doing F.Sc. Can you imagine that? This is very UNFAIR. I'm afraid about my admission, that's why I'm asking for suggestion

Reaction score
@zishi
Well i dint ever hear of something like this... he must have got really bad grades otherwise you get the admission without Fsc.certificate :/ So many of my seniors did alevel and all of them got admissions in reputable universities...

Reaction score
For universities in Pakistan, your O/A Level result doesn't count for much as long as you've met the minimum grade requirements for applying to a particular university.

The most important thing is your entry exam! You have to prepare for it by giving it your best!

If you score high in your Entry Exam then no way a Pakistani University would ever reject you. But keep in mind most of the Engineering University entry exam test is based on FSC syllabus!

You can do A Level without any worries. It's usually A Level students who get highest grades in the internal university exams and maintain higher GP. Mostly because O/A Level has built a very good conceptual and practical base for them and nothing seems too hard for them ;)

The best part is, O/A Level degree is worldwide recognized unlike FSC ;)

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
@zishi
Well i dint ever hear of something like this... he must have got really bad grades otherwise you get the admission without Fsc.certificate :/ So many of my seniors did alevel and all of them got admissions in reputable universities...
I'd like to tell you that he got 4 out of 4 As. He is simply a genius person, dude! =/ Now what would you say? =o

@MAVtKnmJ : So according to you, should I do F.Sc, eh? :?

Reaction score
Zishi said:

hey no......No need. You can get into very good Universities with A levels, secondly you can apply abroad at anytime in your life.

Reaction score
Axa saleem said:
Zishi said:

hey no......No need. You can get into very good Universities with A levels, secondly you can apply abroad at anytime in your life.
Seriously, I don't want to go abroad now. As they call us terrorists and I've seen that how they treat us, etc. I'm afraid to go Abroad now. =|