• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice for Urdu, Islamiat and Pak. Studies CIE?

Reaction score
Taimur Sadiq said:
Q: Why was the EIC interested in India?

Traders reported evidence of immense wealth in the sub-Continent which led to the EIC
establishing a trading base there since they saw a profitable future.

It also wanted to establish its influence in the sub-Continent and to oust the Dutch and Portuguese.

The EIC also wanted to establish a strategic port in the sub-continent that would protect its trading
interests there.

This was the explains reasons part of the paper's marking scheme...
1_Enough for 7/7 marks?
2_BS?

If 2 wht is the correct answer? plz help me dudes

Your answer is almost correct but you require a little detail like the EIC were interested in india because there were several products in India which were sought by the British and they were eager to trade in spices,cotton,silks and etc.You could refer to Nigel smith and Nigel Kelly (as they are the best books right now).At first the british had no desire to rule but mostly wanted to benefit from the immense wealth of india.
As it wanted monopoly over the trade of india it fought with the french and portugueese .. ;) :!:

I would like to know what book you are currently using try using Nigel Smith for it is the only latest book which also endorsed by CIE. :p
:idea:
Your answer is mostly correct but it requires a little details but not that much as it would be required for the 14 marks questions. :p

But beware dont add more details than required and see the question why were EIC interested in INdia so I think there is no need to mention there capture of india :D

Hope this helps you ;)

Reaction score
hmm>>.Yup scouserlfc is rite;

Firstly,since they were gud traders it was seen a great futer oppertunity

Secondly,india was full of wealth so they can counter both the dutch and French who were eying India

Thirdly,a protected trading post

Fifthly,since mughal power was declining they had the chance to advance themselves to go get the power in pieces

Lastly,Indian peaple themselves were eager to trade wid them and they could raise their standards by employin as much indian peaple as they can.

Reaction score
Taimur Sadiq said:
Assalam-O-Alaikum

(Intro) The size of the empire and succession disputes were to some extent responsible but the greatest contributor to the Mughal empire's collapse was the arrival of the british.

(reasons, i have no idea if this is enough explaination) ( 6 reasons given )

The huge empire led to poor management as there were poor telecommunications.The situation in every part cud not be known altogether.
Some officials, due to enormous wealth, became highly powerful. Some even assasinated emperors. Due to this, administrative efficiency declined.
There were many different communities in the area. There were many rebellions and decisive action could not be taken for many months.Huge sums were wasted on military costs.
Great wealth meant greater laziness which had now become dominant among the nobility. They neglected the principles of Islam and became pleasure seeking as well as extravagant, spending too much money on food, clothes and buildings.
Laws for distribution of inheritance had not been established among the emperor's heirs. This led to significant in- fighting accompanied by loss of money and lives.
The British had arrived in the sub-continent. This was the time whn there was an Industrial Revolution taking place in Britain. Cheap manufactured goods sold at high prices and trade with India had made financially made them so powerful tht they cud afford a military strength tht the Mughals cud not match.

(Conclusion)
Thus, the arrival of the British was the main reason for its collapse as they appeared to diminish even the least chances of survival.

plz help...Thx to Allah and thx to u.

You could add:
[*] Orders couldn't be conveyed on time
[*] Rebellions and internal disputes- Marathas and Rajputs
[*] Foreign invasions
[*] Mansabdari system
[*] Succession disputes led to divisions in the Empire
[*] Declining military expertise
[*] Weak successors.
[*] No development and science
[*] Early mughals had been liberal and the later conservative policies caused resentment
[*] Vacuum left by mughals. British seized the chance
[*] Divide and rule policy

Reaction score
First of all Thx Allah
2_I'm using kelly ryt nw n the ans u wrote gives details of only one reason
3_I said I wanted a FULL ans which wud be enuf to remove the confusion tht I'm in...
4_plz tell me the correct format for all three questions whn u get the time.
5_thx

n Mariam... thx but doesn't tht identify reasons? correct me if I'm wrong but...I think 6 R enuf.i can add em but need explainations for these reasons too so tht I may understand this confusing piece of...

Another thing... u both
1_doin O lvls
2_u've finished?

if 2 wht were ur grades?

Reaction score
@Taimur Sadiq dude i think may be u got the answer wrong arrival of british wasnt the biggest reason for collapse of the empire.....

Reaction score
well yes it could be concluded that british pushed the already drowning empire into its final decline but it wasnt the major reason there were other reasons also like succession disputes,,Power of nobility,Size of empir e.t.c

Reaction score
here is the suggested answer BY ME on this question i got 13/14 in my preivious school exams...

. The Mughal Empire owes its decline and ultimate downfall to a combination of factors
The war of successions, rebellions and luxurious style of living had depleted the once enormous treasury and had led to financial bankruptcy. During the time of Aurangzeb, the Mughal Empire had expanded to reach its maximum size. This vast area had become impossible for one ruler to control and govern from one center. It was during the later Mughals that Deccan, Bengal, Bihar and Orrisa declared their independence. The raids by Nadir Shah, and repeated invasions of Ahmad Shah Abdali, resulted in further weakening of the empire.
The absence of any definite law of accession was another important factor. The war of successions not only led to bitterness, bloodshed, and loss of money and prestige of the empire over a period of time, but to its eventual fall. . the later Mughals was more interested in worldly pursuit and self-enhancement. The successive rulers after Aurangzeb were weak and lacked the character, motivation and commitment to rule the empire strongly. They had become ease loving and cowardly. They totally disregarded their state duties.a nd the handed over the administration to nobility but. The nobles who had once been talented men with integrity, honesty, and loyalty, turned selfish and deceitful. And became more powerful. Growth of hostile and rival clique in the court also undermined the strength of the government.
. The already weakened empire faced further encroachment by the British and the French, which proved to be the last nail in the already drowning empire's coffin. The British and French, who had initially come as traders as wanted to exploit india’s wealth to full extent took full advantage of the weakening army of the mughal empire which had not only become inefficient but also lacked in training, discipline and cohesion The army was out-dated in regard to equipment and was no mtach for british who had far more skilled leaders,msoldier and their troops were more experienced in warfare.They took full advantage of weakning empire and soon became masters of the whole of India.

Reaction score
@silent hunter i forgot to write the conclusion is that arrival of british was not the most important factor for decline of mughal empire because they arrived e when mughal empire was already drowning due to succession disputes and luxurious style of living and british pushed the empire into its eventual downfall.

Reaction score
Taimur Sadiq said:
First of all Thx Allah
3_I said I wanted a FULL ans which wud be enuf to remove the confusion tht I'm in...
5_thx

n Mariam... thx but doesn't tht identify reasons? correct me if I'm wrong but...I think 6 R enuf.i can add em but need explainations for these reasons too so tht I may understand this confusing piece of...

Another thing... u both
1_doin O lvls
2_u've finished?

if 2 wht were ur grades?

No dude im doing olevel and im goin to give Pak stud,isl and urdu in may 2011....
yup your book is good :D

DUde since you yourself got it from mark scheme then its pretty much obvious that that answer is correct..
what they say is you should not only give reasons but explain as well like this answer does not have that many reasons you just describe it pretty well and add details that why british came to india,what they did trade in and also clarify that they did not want to rule..

Also u cud add is that British wanted to compete with other european traders so they came to india ;)

Its not a necessity that the answer be long,thats what ive heard from many teachers they say write long answers. :D
This will only mean that you lose time for your other questions and increase the pressure on the last ques that you finish it fast and in time..
And it also makes the examiner a little angry that why you are giving any irrevelant reasons and description.. :(

If u r still confused post your message here again and ill be more than happy to tell you any thing you require.
ILL explain how to answer each ques on the weekend but i saw it lying in the forum somewhere if you find please also tell me ! ;)

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
here is the suggested answer BY ME on this question i got 13/14 in my preivious school exams...

. The Mughal Empire owes its decline and ultimate downfall to a combination of factors
The war of successions, rebellions and luxurious style of living had depleted the once enormous treasury and had led to financial bankruptcy. During the time of Aurangzeb, the Mughal Empire had expanded to reach its maximum size. This vast area had become impossible for one ruler to control and govern from one center. It was during the later Mughals that Deccan, Bengal, Bihar and Orrisa declared their independence. The raids by Nadir Shah, and repeated invasions of Ahmad Shah Abdali, resulted in further weakening of the empire.
The absence of any definite law of accession was another important factor. The war of successions not only led to bitterness, bloodshed, and loss of money and prestige of the empire over a period of time, but to its eventual fall. . the later Mughals was more interested in worldly pursuit and self-enhancement. The successive rulers after Aurangzeb were weak and lacked the character, motivation and commitment to rule the empire strongly. They had become ease loving and cowardly. They totally disregarded their state duties.a nd the handed over the administration to nobility but. The nobles who had once been talented men with integrity, honesty, and loyalty, turned selfish and deceitful. And became more powerful. Growth of hostile and rival clique in the court also undermined the strength of the government.
. The already weakened empire faced further encroachment by the British and the French, which proved to be the last nail in the already drowning empire's coffin. The British and French, who had initially come as traders as wanted to exploit india’s wealth to full extent took full advantage of the weakening army of the mughal empire which had not only become inefficient but also lacked in training, discipline and cohesion The army was out-dated in regard to equipment and was no mtach for british who had far more skilled leaders,msoldier and their troops were more experienced in warfare.They took full advantage of weakning empire and soon became masters of the whole of India.
wellllll thankssssssssssss angel for the complete answer.

Reaction score
Taimur Sadiq said:
First of all Thx Allah
5_thx

Another thing... u both
1_doin O lvls
2_u've finished?

if 2 wht were ur grades?
HEY TAIMUR u should refer to angel.of.darkness answer on decline of mughal empire its well written..it shuld be able to remove ur confusions

Reaction score
Hey taimur i would like to tell you that i didnt write the answer for your mughal decline question but i wrote for the ques why EIC interested in INDIA?

Reaction score
@Scouserific nw u're speakin my language... n i knw u didn't write the answer to the eic question i said tht to mariam... look again... yea n help me out dude... give me the COMPLETE answer to ANY question before Quaid-e-Azam tht u think will help me fully understand

@ANGEL dude ur answer's congruent to wht I'd write for a total of 28 marks i.e double the limit... thx for the trouble but

i need a lot more concise answer n hw many reasons r they exactly?

plz dude i don't mean no offence but I felt a little dizzy whn reading ur answer... no not cuz of the expanded vocabulary but

because I still can't work out the precise answer... if u were at least to give headings to each para

and write ur answer again in six complete paras ( if u really want to help tht is ) tht wud be great... n remember I'm no master

I'm jst a guy who's confused n wants to knw wtf to write in the damn paper :? :( :evil:

Reaction score
It would be good if you could tell me the specific question .But ill give you one questions answer which i already have posted on the forum so here it is>>>>> ;)

Why was the simla deputation important?

The simla deputation was important in many ways:(im writing in point form but please dont write in the exams in point form)

1.It showed that hte work of sir syed and other reformers had helped bridge the gap between the british and the muslims.
2.It led to the formation of ML and served as a platform for it
3.It was the first step on the long road to independence
4.It made the hindu muslim rivalry exist in the constitution as well.
5.its importance was recognised because of the acceptance of seperate electrorates and more seats.
6.It gave the supressed muslims the courage as they thought them selves as inferior community.
7.It made the Indians believe that a partition was necessary in any hindu muslim state
:D

Reaction score
i thnk 2 references are okay.......and u cn easily score more thn 9...

its difficult to write 4 refernce in one answer....dude.....

Reaction score
Taimur Sadiq said:
@Scouserific nw u're speakin my language... n i knw u didn't write the answer to the eic question i said tht to mariam... look again... yea n help me out dude... give me the COMPLETE answer to ANY question before Quaid-e-Azam tht u think will help me fully understand

@ANGEL dude ur answer's congruent to wht I'd write for a total of 28 marks i.e double the limit... thx for the trouble but

i need a lot more concise answer n hw many reasons r they exactly?

plz dude i don't mean no offence but I felt a little dizzy whn reading ur answer... no not cuz of the expanded vocabulary but

because I still can't work out the precise answer... if u were at least to give headings to each para

and write ur answer again in six complete paras ( if u really want to help tht is ) tht wud be great... n remember I'm no master

I'm jst a guy who's confused n wants to knw wtf to write in the damn paper :? :( :evil:

hmmm dude who said u are obliged to write 6 reasons and read past papers when the question says that which were the most important reason for collapse of mughal empire it mostly gives three below and we have to choose and explain THOSE 3...so did i in my answer if u read it then u will find i have discussed all points accordingly.. tU SHOULD also see the true length of the answer if u write this on A4 it should be 1.5 page which is the standard...IF U DONT KNOW WHAT TO WRITE IN PAPER THEN LEAVE CAMBRIDGE THATS THE BEST OPINION....and u should see the marks i got 13/14 and u know school marking is 15% more strict then cambridge ones its the best posible answer i have u want to write most welcome u dont find it correct then again most welcome... :)