• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed !! Intermediate/A'levels...

Reaction score
Salam,
My grades in O-levels are:
Maths-A
English-B
Urdu-B
Physics-B
Chemistry-B
Biology-C
Combined - 4B's, 1 A, 1 C (Will b giving Pk.Std and Islamiyat in future as a pvt candidate)

So now what advice i need is that should i go for A'levels or Intermediate?
I am damn sure that I can score better grades in A'levels and i personally want to go for A'levels as I hate Intermediate for being gud fr nothing, but everyone says that i should opt Intermediate if i want to go for medical... Either i drop my dream of being a doctor and choose sum other field or i choose intermediate...

Don't have much time now to take the decision, so plzz help me out of this!!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I never recommend Intermediate after O-level cause it doesn't really do justice. :(
I know intermediate is better for medical; i know you'll loose percentage in equivalency; i know its easier to score grade in intermediate but you know what - I don't care!!
If I were you, my definitely choice would had been A-levels. :)

Hmmm! Looks like you are quite relieved now.. :mrgreen:

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
The list is so long and can't be ranked.
I suggest you visit ones you prefer and then make up a decision.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I think there must be sol. for A level cand. who want to go for medical in pak.

after o lvls we all want to go for A levels

Reaction score
Depends where you want to go for medicine.A levels gives you a better understanding of the subject.However the equivalency does count when applying to places like dow. So i would say that if you are applying to private colleges and are ready to pay for them take a levels.If you want to apply for dow do inter youll stand a better chance.Please do bear in mind that you might not have that good an understanding but just a better chance.In the end it depends on u. I dont know whether medicine is ur utmost priority.If its not then keep ur options open and take a levels u wudnt want to regret in the end but do make sure that u dont get lower than a C because each college medical or business atleast requires c grade.

A level schools are plenty. St pats is good for science. Lyceum is good too .Bothhave the parhnay wala crowd.Then there is nixor southshore i dont know much about them but i guess they are good too_Oasys is also good some science faculty at pats also teaches part time there.

hope ive helped

Reaction score
Etcetraetcetra, really grateful to u :)
The explanation u gave, really worked coz I was very very very confused and yes I'm sure that I won't get anythng below C, will get 3 A* Inshallah =P
Anyways, Thanks :)