• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Advice needed !!

Reaction score
Hi
I m planning to do CA but some of my relatives suggested me to do ACCA first as it is easy one and it can be done in 4 years and after doing this I could go for CA as I will then only have to give Final papers!! this means that I will have two Certificates in 5 years but if i do CA then I will have to do Article ship and will have work Experience too but will only have one certificate in 5 years !! What should I do ?? Confused !!

Reaction score
Want to live and work in pakistan do CA. Want to live and work abroad do ACCA.

Reaction score
It would be better that you complete ACCA before going for CA because of the following reasons:
1) Even if you were unable to complete CA you would still have the ACCA Qualification.
2) ACCA students are required to undergo 3 years mandatory training, the 3 yrs could be spent on the audit firm and you can register yourself as a CA student that will save time (Students entering the CA profession via ACCA are required to complete 3 Years training as per ICAP).
3) Most of the subjects of ACCA are similar to CA Final Subjects, hence your ACCA qualification will help you in your studies for CA.

this is what i read.

Reaction score
destined007 said:
It would be better that you complete ACCA before going for CA because of the following reasons:
1) Even if you were unable to complete CA you would still have the ACCA Qualification.
2) ACCA students are required to undergo 3 years mandatory training, the 3 yrs could be spent on the audit firm and you can register yourself as a CA student that will save time (Students entering the CA profession via ACCA are required to complete 3 Years training as per ICAP).
3) Most of the subjects of ACCA are similar to CA Final Subjects, hence your ACCA qualification will help you in your studies for CA.

this is what i read.
thank you so much :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
Hi
I m planning to do CA but some of my relatives suggested me to do ACCA first as it is easy one and it can be done in 4 years and after doing this I could go for CA as I will then only have to give Final papers!! this means that I will have two Certificates in 5 years but if i do CA then I will have to do Article ship and will have work Experience too but will only have one certificate in 5 years !! What should I do ?? Confused !!

Salam dude... I am stuck here as well loll :p My cuzn says that he will make me do ACCA ffirst and then CA to leave both the opportunities open that is in Pakistan or abroad... And u shud do ACCA first... :)

Reaction score
Usman17 said:
SalmanPakRocks said:
Hi

Salam dude... I am stuck here as well loll :p My cuzn says that he will make me do ACCA ffirst and then CA to leave both the opportunities open that is in Pakistan or abroad... And u shud do ACCA first... :)
Well then its settled !! First I will do ACCA then I will opt for CA !! 8)

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
Usman17 said:
SalmanPakRocks said:
Hi

Well then its settled !! First I will do ACCA then I will opt for CA !! 8)

Cool Bro :) I will inshALLAH be doing the same... :) Good Luck :)