• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ADVICE REGARDING A LEVELS COMPUTER STUDIES.

Reaction score
I'll start my Alevels in 2013. I will take Mathematics,Further Mathematics and Physics as my subjects as I wish to go for Software Engineering. I was thinking to give COMPUTER STUDIES Privately in a Year (If possible). I have enough knowledge about Computers though. So should I give computers privately? What are your views?
Also Recommend me BEST Books for A levels Computers and a BEST Tutor/academy in KARACHI. Help Please ASAP :D (y)
AND ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!

Reaction score
No its not........Its only available upto the AS Level......You cant do the full A Level Computing privately......:/

Reaction score
No its not........Its only available upto the AS Level......You cant do the full A Level Computing privately......:/
are you sure AS can be done privately? coz the syllabus doesn't say so it simply says the syllabus is not available to private candidates which seems explicit enough

Reaction score
Why would you want to give Further Mathematics in school and Computer Studies in private? I don't live in Pakistan so I'm not sure what the culture is in Pakistan regarding A-Level subjects but I completed my A levels last year with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry with good grades and I haven't come across a single institution even in Pakistan that requires you to have Further Mathematics except unless you want to go into a Mathematics department. My advice would be to take out the Further Mathematics and put in Computer Studies for your school and later if you want, you can give Further Mathematics privately. I wanted to give Further Mathematics too and I'm doing the same.