• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Aga Khan University Interviews and Test Scores!!

Reaction score
Hi!

Anybody on this forum who has his/her interview at AKUH???

Mine is on the 19th (rescheduled coz im appearing for both AS & A2 so had to change the initial date of 17th)......any input will be appreciated!! esp thos who hav been thru with the interview.........

And yeah also share ur test percentages, irrespective of whether you were called for an interview or not.....

Reaction score
I didn't appear for Aga khan..But I did pass my interview for Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, So umm prolly the interview prolly will be similar!
First thing's first, BE YOURSELF! Do not pretend, the moment you start pretending BANG they'll catch you..if they ask you what book you're reading DO NOT answer Shit like Twilight or Vampire Diaries ( You want a place in AKU, answer sense!) Like when they asked me, I told them the truth that I'm reading PS I love you by Cecilia Ahern, Co-incidently 1 of the professors loved my choice of reading...becauze that book in the end DOES give you a lesson!
Then they'll ask you stuff like what do you really think medicine is? Don't say social service, They'll throw you out, Provide Humor..They love it!
Research on the infectious diseases currently affecting the rural population...put in a bit of politics Curse your leaders :D Pile up things you can do to change current situations in Pakistan...When they ask you to state your hobbies...Listening to music is NOT a hobby, Talk about how you love sports (or not) & then they'll also ask what you can give the university as a student...put up the best inside you, what you think you CAN do like debating, organizing blah blah.
Yes & first Impression counts..wear something uber-smart & go, NO Converse or Jeans, wear Formal.
In the end when they ask you if you have any questions say NO, get up, shake hands & LEAVE! :)
Hope that helped..although it's going to be majorly different cauze my interviewers were Irish & you'll have Pakistani ones, trust me It makes a difference!
Good luck =)

Reaction score
thanks aquariangurl! I appreciate ur detailed input!

u in pakistan or ireland? I actually plan on goint o the US for my residency like my elder siblings........both of them graduated frm AKUH, with one currently a PGY2 at Baylor and the elder one is the chief resident Columbia University......i plan to follow them :)......but my target is MGH!!

Reaction score
No probz :)
Nope, I'm in Dubai, I applied for RCSI, Got in then Cornell in Qatar was pretty much on the list as well...but I don't have enough time to give my SAT's, Thats why I'm most prolly applying for AMC through NUST..I don't exactly know a lot of unis in Pak..but I'll do my research in the vacations
Hey, if your siblings are graduates of AKU, You might as well get in not that difficult is it?
MGH? Nice! If IA I end up with really good results I want YALE! I have friends there..pretty awesome place :)

Reaction score
yes inshaAllah I shud get in or else i will........lols...jk!

yale for postgrad in med?? cmmmonnnnn!!!! Jus dun go to a place coz ur friends are dere......ur career shud b ur priority and leav d rest on Allah......ill advise mgh, brigham nd womens, emory, wash uni or columbia.....best places ever i believe nd so does my brother nd sister......ive been to emory and mgh out of these......jus sight seeing :):):)

Reaction score
Woah! You really have done a LOT of research, but I'll tell you what gettin into AKU is like a direct ticket to one of these uni's..& hey isn't Yale supposed to be really amazing? I mean I do know how Good Columbia is, but isn't Yale BETTER?
I haven't been to the US yet but I did go to KIng's in London, seriously that place is filled with rascists & non-friendly jerks..so there you go UK is lyk a big NO-NO!

Reaction score
Well....u r absolutely rite abt UK....

as for Yale......it aint the same in postgrad as it is in undergrad courses.....for postgrad medicine i listed teh ones that are considered as most competitive.....obviously YALE is gud (mgh and bwh are ranked higher though).....its just a matter of personal preference i believe.....ur interview trail inshaAllah will give u more insight into which one is the best suited for u.....

Reaction score
InshaAllah Mayn, lets just hope for the best...
Now thst you HAVE told me I will check out postgrad unis that you have suggested =)

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

wow, finally i find another forum that may hav active AKU discussions, great!

I applied to AKu this year, got shortlisted, have interview on june 19th, and am VERY NERVOUS..

surprisingly, i wasn't nervous at all when applying to AKU.. but the term "interview", and that too for MEDICAL SCHOOL, is enough i guess to make me panick.

anywayz, guys, just hoping to get some help on a few issues,

to begin with though, lemme give u a bit of background abt me, i'm from canada, and m applying on basis of my bachelors, not high school. :oops: i didn't want to go to med right after high school, so decided to stick with bachelors. now, in order to get admission into canadian med schoools, i'll need to work an year or two on my application, like grad school (my current gpa is not as high). so, when that option went out of the way, i started thinking of alt options like caribbean. and really, i dunno how i came to think of aku, and now all i want is to somehow get into aku. my gpa is 3.6, so it's above wht aku asks for.

my q is, i'm pretty sure they r gonna ask me, why i m applying to aku now, u know 5 years after high school, and i'm just not sure how to tackle this q...

would saying, i wasn't sure of med first, but now i am, and now that i think of it, i'd LOVE to get the most imp of my career's education in pakistan's top med uni... would that be a sufficient answer?

and second q, to which i can't seem to find an answer to anywhere, how many foreign students get accepted on avg into aku each year?? some say, there are many foreigners in aku, while some say, only 4-5 international kids get accepted... ??

anywayz, guys, thanks so much for the above tips, i'll compile my reading list asap.
so, they cud ask q's pertaining to religion as well? such as?

oh oh, last q: if i say something like, how i feel i would be much more comfortable and happy around ppl from my own culture, which is why i'm applying to aku.. cud this b taken negatively?

cheers!

Reaction score
hey
i was meant to have my interview on the 19th but it got postponed. how did yours go?
it's near impossible to find information about the interview or the university!

Reaction score
Hey where were you giving your interview from? Because mine was on the 19th too but they postponed it and i havnt gotten the next date.I was giving it from Dubai.

Reaction score
Yup, I was going to give mine in Dubai too. Still haven't gotten an interview date back but I think they postponed it because they wanted to wait til all the A Levels got over.

Reaction score
I just gave mine in karachi. i think yours was on the 10th ? How was it? Any idea whens the result coming?

Reaction score
Hey, Can I apply for aga khan after doing my AS level ? or is doing A level necessary ?