• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Again stuck on a question of Hisory. HELP!

Reaction score
Hey, how are you guys? I'm again stuck on a history in past paper

Why Luknow pact was made?(7)

and was morley minto reforms very important? (14)

For lucknow pact i should put the importance?

and for morly minto i should put that why it was important for muslims? and why congress opposed

I'm kinda confused.

I'm using nigel kelly+Ikram rabani+My school notes.

Reaction score
for the lucknow one, dont write its importance but rather why it was made. it goes sorta like this.
---after british reversed the partition of bengal, muslims realised that they can not be trusted to protect muslim interests. Hence they turned to the Congress in an effort to make concessions in order to protect their interests
---british were fighting a war with germany and were heavily pressurised. It seemed a perfect time for the muslims and the hindus to come together and pressurise the british to accept their demands.
---Mahajan and Jinnah were liberal leaders and realised the only way forward was to work together

explain the above points a bit. second question isnt even legitimate i think

Reaction score
^Any one reason why you did not deem it appropriate to click 'Thank' instead? :)