• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Aiming for an Awesome Ramadan

Reaction score
1. Seek Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
:

No action can be successful without the will and aid of Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
, therefore for each and every goal you must start with the proper intention. You cannot achieve your goals without Allah’s
ImageProxy.mvc
help, so ask Him for His help and He will give it to you. Start with a humble admission that no matter how much effort you put into planning and execution, you are still in desperate need of Allah’s
ImageProxy.mvc
help. This admission will demonstrate to Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
what is in your heart and He will not return you empty-handed, In sha Allah.

2. Start:
Do not wait until Ramadan to start working on achieving those goals. Once you have sought the help of Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
, there is nothing between you and success besides your own hesitation. Now is the time to build momentum, even before Ramadan begins. Imagine running through quicksand and suddenly the quicksand disappears. You will suddenly start running incredibly quickly. In the same way, going for your goals before the start of Ramadan will give you a running start after the devils have been chained. While others will just start making progress on the first day of Ramadan, you will already have a head start! The Prophet
ImageProxy.mvc
said: “The most beloved deed to Allah is the most regular and constant even though it were little” [Sahih al-Bukhari]. So start small and stay consistent to maximize your effectiveness this Ramadan.

3. System:
As the saying goes, “That which is measured improves.” All businesses have reliable systems to track and measure performance of key aspects of the company. In the same way, each one of us needs a system to review our performance every single day to see how we are doing and what corrections we need to make for the next day. In addition, I highly recommend tracking your progress and comparing yourself this week to yourself last week to see if you have improved or changed in any way. Sometimes, just because you know you will be forced to record the fact that you did not do your dua for the day (for example), you will do it. That may not be the perfect intention, but it is certainly better done than not! I personally use an Excel spreadsheet to track my performance and have done so for years. I can compare myself today to myself five years ago (believe me, it is not pretty!). But you do not need to make it too complicated. Any spreadsheet like Google Docs or even a journal like Evernote or OneNote would be very good at tracking your success.

4. Sahib:
A sahib is a companion who will help you achieve your goals. Specifically, he is a companion whose sole purpose is to keep you accountable on your journey. He could be someone you agree to meet every night after taraweeh at the masjid. Each of you should recap your days together or, alternatively, give each other access to the system I mentioned above. That way, you keep each other accountable to a third party. While other people are sharing gossip and chatting away, you are focusing on making each other’s Ramadan as productive as possible. What a dramatic difference one small decision can make!

5. Sign:
Last but certainly not least, write down all of your goals on a sheet of paper and sign a statement saying you will do your utmost to achieve these goals this Ramadan. There is something magical about putting your goals into writing as we discussed previously: Your mind begins to conspire to make these things a reality. There is no escaping the fact that these are your goals now. In fact, this contract should be witnessed by your sahib. Even more important than that, by putting it into writing, it is as if the contract was also witnessed by Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
and His angels. Doing this makes you part of a very special group of people: A group of people that is striving to have their most awesome Ramadan ever. I pray that Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
makes us all successful!

Reaction score
1. Seek Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
:

No action can be successful without the will and aid of Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
, therefore for each and every goal you must start with the proper intention. You cannot achieve your goals without Allah’s
ImageProxy.mvc
help, so ask Him for His help and He will give it to you. Start with a humble admission that no matter how much effort you put into planning and execution, you are still in desperate need of Allah’s
ImageProxy.mvc
help. This admission will demonstrate to Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
what is in your heart and He will not return you empty-handed, In sha Allah.

2. Start:
Do not wait until Ramadan to start working on achieving those goals. Once you have sought the help of Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
, there is nothing between you and success besides your own hesitation. Now is the time to build momentum, even before Ramadan begins. Imagine running through quicksand and suddenly the quicksand disappears. You will suddenly start running incredibly quickly. In the same way, going for your goals before the start of Ramadan will give you a running start after the devils have been chained. While others will just start making progress on the first day of Ramadan, you will already have a head start! The Prophet
ImageProxy.mvc
said: “The most beloved deed to Allah is the most regular and constant even though it were little” [Sahih al-Bukhari]. So start small and stay consistent to maximize your effectiveness this Ramadan.

3. System:
As the saying goes, “That which is measured improves.” All businesses have reliable systems to track and measure performance of key aspects of the company. In the same way, each one of us needs a system to review our performance every single day to see how we are doing and what corrections we need to make for the next day. In addition, I highly recommend tracking your progress and comparing yourself this week to yourself last week to see if you have improved or changed in any way. Sometimes, just because you know you will be forced to record the fact that you did not do your dua for the day (for example), you will do it. That may not be the perfect intention, but it is certainly better done than not! I personally use an Excel spreadsheet to track my performance and have done so for years. I can compare myself today to myself five years ago (believe me, it is not pretty!). But you do not need to make it too complicated. Any spreadsheet like Google Docs or even a journal like Evernote or OneNote would be very good at tracking your success.

4. Sahib:
A sahib is a companion who will help you achieve your goals. Specifically, he is a companion whose sole purpose is to keep you accountable on your journey. He could be someone you agree to meet every night after taraweeh at the masjid. Each of you should recap your days together or, alternatively, give each other access to the system I mentioned above. That way, you keep each other accountable to a third party. While other people are sharing gossip and chatting away, you are focusing on making each other’s Ramadan as productive as possible. What a dramatic difference one small decision can make!

5. Sign:
Last but certainly not least, write down all of your goals on a sheet of paper and sign a statement saying you will do your utmost to achieve these goals this Ramadan. There is something magical about putting your goals into writing as we discussed previously: Your mind begins to conspire to make these things a reality. There is no escaping the fact that these are your goals now. In fact, this contract should be witnessed by your sahib. Even more important than that, by putting it into writing, it is as if the contract was also witnessed by Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
and His angels. Doing this makes you part of a very special group of people: A group of people that is striving to have their most awesome Ramadan ever. I pray that Allah
ImageProxy.mvc
makes us all successful!
MashaALlah we have amazing threads on XPC this is ON E OF THEM
thnx for sharing
may we all have a great RAMADHAN!