• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AKU 2013

Reaction score
How many of you are appearing for the June 30th aptitude test?
Share your tips and advice, as well as your strategy, over here.
Lets hope we all pass with flying colours.

Reaction score
Hey.
Can you please tell me about the NTS requirement? Do we have to give both the aptitude test and the NTS test for AKU? And where can we can get the Admit card from? ;s

Reaction score
Hey.
Can you please tell me about the NTS requirement? Do we have to give both the aptitude test and the NTS test for AKU? And where can we can get the Admit card from? ;s
they will send the admit card to those who downloaded the form from internet and yes, we also have to give NTS and give them the result by october 1st.

Reaction score
I have downloaded the form.Will I get the admit card after I have submitted my form? :s

Jaf

Reaction score
I got in my SAT scores today. 2060 alhumdulillah. I'm applying as an overseas candidate... does anyone know if this is good enough? I know they require ATLEAST an 1800 but I was in Pakistan last week and had quite a detailed conversation with the guy at the admission office. He told me they keep the cutoff higher than 1800 usually depending on how many candidates apply in that year and with what scores. Last year, a senior got 1970ish and he didn't get in. Help?

Reaction score
I got in my SAT scores today. 2060 alhumdulillah. I'm applying as an overseas candidate... does anyone know if this is good enough? I know they require ATLEAST an 1800 but I was in Pakistan last week and had quite a detailed conversation with the guy at the admission office. He told me they keep the cutoff higher than 1800 usually depending on how many candidates apply in that year and with what scores. Last year, a senior got 1970ish and he didn't get in. Help?
Honestly I think that your scores are fine. They'll be looking out for good A level grades though, so don't worry much about your SAT scores and concentrate on your A levels:)

Reaction score
Jaf, this has really scared me. I only got 1880 :S. Do you know if the senior with 1970 score atleast got an interview?

Jaf

Reaction score
Honestly I think that your scores are fine. They'll be looking out for good A level grades though, so don't worry much about your SAT scores and concentrate on your A levels:)
Thanks! Will do.

Jaf, this has really scared me. I only got 1880 :S. Do you know if the senior with 1970 score atleast got an interview?
He didn't. But I did get told that they kept the cutoff 1800 last year (so the senior probably didn't get in because of some other reason). Good luck! (ps: man pm me with your progress, It'd be great to have someone to talk to about this!)

Reaction score
Thanks jaf man for replying. Does the cutoff mean anyone above 1800 was able to qualify for the second stage of application (interviews etc)?That sounds too good to be true. Sure I will update you with my progress( or lack of).

Jaf

Reaction score
Thanks jaf man for replying. Does the cutoff mean anyone above 1800 was able to qualify for the second stage of application (interviews etc)?That sounds too good to be true. Sure I will update you with my progress( or lack of).
No. That's not what it means (though I'd imagine 0ver 60% of those applying with SAT1 do win an interview bcz of the low number of int. applicants compared to locals as well as the very high requirements). They give you a form to fill after you meet their SAT1 and A level requirements which asks you about hobbies and work experience (do you have any? :( ) etc.

Reaction score
Ugh. Work experience in hospitals is hard to get if you don't know anyone. When do these forms come? You might still have time to arrange something. I personally am not so sure anymore. I think with my just above minimum sat score, my chances to qualify are not that strong and really don't want to beg doctors for 2 days work experience for nothing. Let's see what happens.

Jaf

Reaction score
Ugh. Work experience in hospitals is hard to get if you don't know anyone. When do these forms come? You might still have time to arrange something. I personally am not so sure anymore. I think with my just above minimum sat score, my chances to qualify are not that strong and really don't want to beg doctors for 2 days work experience for nothing. Let's see what happens.
Man don't worry. Just apply. You could get it, for all we know. The words the use in the prospectus are 'productive use of time'. That could be anything really. My guess of something they would particularly LIKE is work experience. I just hope I can. :/

Reaction score
Man don't worry. Just apply. You could get it, for all we know. The words the use in the prospectus are 'productive use of time'. That could be anything really. My guess of something they would particularly LIKE is work experience. I just hope I can. :/

True. All we can do is try. For hospital work experience, I am advised to email as many people as I can by current medical students. I hope things work out for you. Do try and update me when you progress with your application.

Reaction score
I'm not sure I get this bit. Could you elaborate?

Sorry for the jumbled up sentence and bad tenses. What I meant was that the best way to get work experience in hospitals is to email as many doctors as you can. To get email addresses you will have to do quite a bit of research online. You can start with the hospital websites .I know people who sent above hundred emails and only got few replies. But then there are people who sent far less emails and still managed to arrange work experience .I also know people who called up hospitals and doctors, though I am scared to do that because I feel I will waste their already constrained time. You can email or call them, whatever you feel comfortable with.

Jaf

Reaction score
^I never thought such a strategy would work! But since you say they do, I'll try! Thanks! :)