• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevel biology MCQ

Reaction score
I dont understand why I got this wrong to me my answer seems completely correct.

Its paper 9700/11/M/J/15

MCQ

I chose C since to me I know that left side of the heart has thicker and muscular ventricular wall.

But the answer says its C

Reaction score
hi i have a question regarding O/N 2015 p11
in question 39, why is the answer A?
and in question 17,why is the answer b?

Reaction score
hi i have a question regarding O/N 2015 p11
in question 39, why is the answer A?
and in question 17,why is the answer b?

In 39, 1200 kJ m^-2 year^-1 are available to the herbivore (see diagram) and a total of 1000000 kJ m^-2 year^-1 are available from the Sun, so just take percentage:
(1200/1000000)*100 and you get A

In 17, Volume of glucose sol in visking tubing increases, because water enters tubing by osmosis (down water potential grad), from surrounding solution into tubing. so narrow down to A and B
Also, glucose diffuses out of visking tubing (down conc grad) into the surrounding soln, so glucose conc. in external soln increases: and the more time the tubing is kept in the water, the more glucose diffuses out, so more glucose detected by benedict's test.
Remember green = low glucose conc
Orange = comparatively higher glucose conc.
So glucose conc in surrounding water has increased.