• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Alevels self studying

Reaction score
am willing to take AS MAThs in nov session and its abt 2 months so i need to start self-studying
to have background specially that is my first A-level to take so what are the good sites and books to study from and what are the videos from khan academy or any other similar channel that is relative to AS MATHS , ASchemistry and AS physics syllabus

Reaction score
mate the next exams are about 3-4 months away...since ur doing as i suppose you're taking pure maths? if so study from pure maths 1 book as that's the prescribed text book..what else are u doing? cause in new zealand u have to take pure maths 1 and statistics 1 for as level..i did it last year and now i'm doing a2 pure maths 3 and statistics 2..but u can also take mechanics 1 i think..what are u doing for as besides pure maths?

Reaction score
thanks for fast reply am doing mechanics
I didn't know that you can take mechanics at as level..it's not common here in nz cause everyone takes P1 and S1..ok but i know a couple of mates that are doing mechanics 1 at a level so just buy the mechanics 1 book and as usual for maths do shit loads of past papers..i got 83% last year in AS maths and past papers help a lot especially in s subject like maths because the questions will just be the same just slightly switched around..

Reaction score
can you tell me name of the books and puplisher isit possible to study for some lesson independently

btw the average learning hours will be about 50 hours only

Reaction score
can you tell me name of the books and puplisher isit possible to study for some lesson independently

btw the average learning hours will be about 50 hours only
i think it's more than that..definitely more than 50 hours..they recommend you put in 250-300 hours together for maths..

Reaction score
thats true or even less thats why am tryin to put some efforts to achieve decent grade