• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

All who gave commerce plx help me!!!

Reaction score
I am basically a student of sciences and i have to appear in oct/nov 2013.But recently i decided to drop them and take business,commerce and socilogy.Kindly let me know if i would be able to get well prepared and score an A* in all three of them.plx recommend the best books for all three of these plus some other tips..
Your co-operation will be highly praised!!!

Reaction score
it doesnt matter you are an science student or commerce..if you work hard then the impossible says im possible :) i had asimilar case as you do i was science student till grade 10 then dropped science and became commerce student and as far as these subject are concerned i got a* in all of them and distinction in commerce (top in the world) first off all read the books for Business stimpson (cie endorsed) Sociology (kenbrowne) and for commerce (certificate i commerce blue book) then do pastpaers 2008 onwards including the variants + standard booklet...day before exam relax..still got extra time even read some of the examiner reports :) a* ka dady bhi aihgay :p

Reaction score
it doesnt matter you are an science student or commerce..if you work hard then the impossible says im possible :) i had asimilar case as you do i was science student till grade 10 then dropped science and became commerce student and as far as these subject are concerned i got a* in all of them and distinction in commerce (top in the world) first off all read the books for Business stimpson (cie endorsed) Sociology (kenbrowne) and for commerce (certificate i commerce blue book) then do pastpaers 2008 onwards including the variants + standard booklet...day before exam relax..still got extra time even read some of the examiner reports :) a* ka dady bhi aihgay :p
Hey:D..Thanks a lot for the help!!OMG,u got distinction in commerce..let me know how long it took u to prepare these three..were u havin the same subjects as me??

Reaction score
I am also a science student and i did business studies and economics in the last November session. I prepared the subjects in one and a half month and got A* in both of them. What i think is that commerce subjects are not that tough, read the topics thoroughly and then do past papers along with marking schemes to get familiar with paper pattern and marking criteria and you can manage to get good grades :)
Books for these subjects;
Economics: 'Igcse and o' level economics by Brian Titley'
Business Studies: ' Igcse business studies by Peter Stimpson'

Reaction score
I am basically a student of sciences and i have to appear in oct/nov 2013.But recently i decided to drop them and take business,commerce and socilogy.Kindly let me know if i would be able to get well prepared and score an A* in all three of them.plx recommend the best books for all three of these plus some other tips..
Your co-operation will be highly praised!!!
i gave commerce and business studies this november and got A*'s in both.. just studied for 2 months and it was comfortable.
for commerce read mary trigwell jones' book, its a bit thick( over 650 pages) and is cie endorsed, for business do from igcse for business studies.. and then do lots of past papers+marking schemes... and A* is guaranteed iA.. and yeah commerce is the easiest subject i've ever seen, and interesting too!

Reaction score
it took me 3.5 month.. ihave give so many subject 15 to be prec
I am also a science student and i did business studies and economics in the last November session. I prepared the subjects in one and a half month and got A* in both of them. What i think is that commerce subjects are not that tough, read the topics thoroughly and then do past papers along with marking schemes to get familiar with paper pattern and marking criteria and you can manage to get good grades :)
Thanks a tonne for the help!!:)

Reaction score
it took me 3.5 month.. ihave give so many subject 15 to be precise :p
i see!!kindly let me know which is more easier,sociology or enviormental management..i am confused about which one to opt for..as i don't have much time so the one which is less lenghty in syllabus would be better..plus are there some other means to contact you..it gets a bit hard like this..r u on fb???

Reaction score
i see!!kindly let me know which is more easier,sociology or enviormental management..i am confused about which one to opt for..as i don't have much time so the one which is less lenghty in syllabus would be better..plus are there some other means to contact you..it gets a bit hard like this..r u on fb???
I gave environmental management last June session and prepared it in just 8 days, its easier and more interesting compared to sociology. Therefore, i would recommend environmental management.

Reaction score
I gave environmental management last June session and prepared it in just 8 days, its easier and more interesting compared to sociology. Therefore, i would recommend environmental management.
ahan..wh was ur grade in EM??

Reaction score
...Hi....do you have any websites for MARKING SCHEMES PLEASE? Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Reaction score
i gave commerce and business studies this november and got A*'s in both.. just studied for 2 months and it was comfortable.
for commerce read mary trigwell jones' book, its a bit thick( over 650 pages) and is cie endorsed, for business do from igcse for business studies.. and then do lots of past papers+marking schemes... and A* is guaranteed iA.. and yeah commerce is the easiest subject i've ever seen, and interesting too!
...Hi....do you have any websites for MARKING SCHEMES PLEASE? Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Reaction score
Reaction score
I found these notes extremely helpful while preparing for Commerce:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/60546107/O-level-Commerce-Notes-by-Zeerak-Ahmed-www-O-Alevel-com

Use Ken Browne's book for Sociology. Make sure you cover every topic in highlighted in the syllabus, and practice a few past papers as well. Also, I think Sociology is easier than Environmental Management, and it's easier to get an A* in sociology, than in EM.
Thanks a tonne dude!!i'll go thru these notes n yea sociology is much easier n interesting..I'll definately go for sociolgy:)