• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Am I alone in this war against mosquitoes ?

Reaction score
Thankgod no mosquitoes here (Alhamdulillah) :D

But im going for a tour trip to India n my mom got me this thing to keep in my pocket which repels mosquitoes by emitting waves. (If you go to Virgin Megastore, its one of their most popular products list)Does that work?

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Thankgod no mosquitoes here (Alhamdulillah) :D

But im going for a tour trip to India n my mom got me this thing to keep in my pocket which repels mosquitoes by emitting waves. (If you go to Virgin Megastore, its one of their most popular products list)Does that work?

LOL.. no idea.. try it out n post a review... :D
b/w m curious.. what waves does it emmit...? (the engineering part of my brain is curious..)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
LOL Sure sure :cool: xD

Ultrasound I guess :p (I hope curiosity kills the mosquito too. :p)

http://mebond.en.alibaba.com/produc...le_Mosquito_Repellent_Appliance_AN_A326_.html
(The portable one :))

Although Wikipedia is not so reliable... still it said this:

There are several, widespread, unproven theories about mosquito control, such as the assertion that vitamin B, in particular B1 (thiamine), garlic, ultrasonic devices or incense can be used to repel or control mosquitoes.[55][59] Moreover, some manufacturers of "mosquito repelling" ultrasonic devices have been found to be fraudulent,[60] and their devices were deemed "useless" in tests by the UK Consumer magazine Which?,[61] and according to a review of scientific studies.[

I really hope urs isn't fradulent... I know some ppl in pakistan use an odd liquid called Mospel to fight em whn going out....

Reaction score
Although Wikipedia is not so reliable... still it said this:

There are several, widespread, unproven theories about mosquito control, such as the assertion that vitamin B, in particular B1 (thiamine), garlic, ultrasonic devices or incense can be used to repel or control mosquitoes.[55][59] Moreover, some manufacturers of "mosquito repelling" ultrasonic devices have been found to be fraudulent,[60] and their devices were deemed "useless" in tests by the UK Consumer magazine Which?,[61] and according to a review of scientific studies.[

I really hope urs isn't fradulent... I know some ppl in pakistan use an odd liquid called Mospel to fight em whn going out....
:eek: :eek: :eek: -___- Stupid mosquitoes -______________________-"

Hmm.. thanks for the advice. I will try mospel too :D Then double protection should keep me safe :D