• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Am I in trouble?

Reaction score
Do CIE penalize people for untidy answers? Like for number one of physics 22 I didn't see the powers so I had to cross out my working again an again. And I had to write on the blank page beside. I also had to cross out my answers. Will they minus my marks? :(

Reaction score
Do CIE penalize people for untidy answers? Like for number one of physics 22 I didn't see the powers so I had to cross out my working again an again. And I had to write on the blank page beside. I also had to cross out my answers. Will they minus my marks? :(
i dont think so cumon they gv 60 mins for a 60 mks question papr nd they expect us to be neat dats impossible.. i dont think dey will penalize u unless ur steps nd da correct answer s dere. :)

Reaction score
no they don't penalize marks for cutting over and over.they will only penalize if u didn't use good english or what u have written is not clear.no matter how much u have cut if they can undestand clearly what u have written u will get marks for it.

Reaction score
guys after doing the physics practical paper,i was really disheartened becuz i made a lot of scribbling in Q2.bcuz i wrote from pen,i crossed the asnwer alot of times making it a mess but my final paper can be seen.So will they cut my marks.i really want to get an A,please reply me soon :(

Reaction score
no they don't penalize marks for cutting over and over.they will only penalize if u didn't use good english or what u have written is not clear.no matter how much u have cut if they can undestand clearly what u have written u will get marks for it.
Not entirely true. They usually give marks even if your grammar or english is bad, but the key words specified in the marking scheme are there.

Reaction score
guys after doing the physics practical paper,i was really disheartened becuz i made a lot of scribbling in Q2.bcuz i wrote from pen,i crossed the asnwer alot of times making it a mess but my final paper can be seen.So will they cut my marks.i really want to get an A,please reply me soon :(
What are you crying about? I had the worst luck ever. For the value m/h0-h I accidentally wrote on the table m/h only and made everything wrong, including the graph, gradient and y intercept value.....basically everything after the table of results. Then I finally realized my mistake and redid it. I made a 2cm wide column in my table, crossing out the wrong one, and rubbed out and redid my graph. There was hardly any space left for the next calculations, but I somehow made it. Later on, my answers seemed to coincide with that of my friends. My teacher assured me I would get marks as long I had correct answers and the working was understandable, even if the handwriting is microscopic(not literally!).

Reaction score
ya but still i am scared.i am a lot of silly mistakes in the practical exam.my q1 went okay,dont no if the answeers are write but it was neat.but in the second question,i first reach 8mm as 8 cm and did the whole qs.then i reread it and had to sribble all over it again.Also in in second part about k ,first i wrote that theory is incorect,then i wrote correct and then again incorrect finally..:(
anyways can u Pm me the answers for the practical cuz i am really worried.is it still possible to get an A

Reaction score
Can you guys remember what the range for d was ? 5cm to 30cm ? think i went out of the range for one value lol

Reaction score
ya but still i am scared.i am a lot of silly mistakes in the practical exam.my q1 went okay,dont no if the answeers are write but it was neat.but in the second question,i first reach 8mm as 8 cm and did the whole qs.then i reread it and had to sribble all over it again.Also in in second part about k ,first i wrote that theory is incorect,then i wrote correct and then again incorrect finally..:(
anyways can u Pm me the answers for the practical cuz i am really worried.is it still possible to get an A
well which practical are you talking about
33 or 34 ?