• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AN INTERESTING QUESTION.

Reaction score
suppose we have to mix cold water and warm water in a CUP to make the temp. of water medium so that we could drink it
now if first we add cold water and then warm water would that be a fast process (or) if we add first warm water and then cold water would that be faster ?

please give me your answers with reasons and then in the end i would tell you the correct answer.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
just like air, cold water sinks to bottom while hot water loves to float on top.
Adding cold water after hot water will give a better mix since cold water will sink to bottom while hot water at bottom will rise towards surface giving perfect blend.

I would just drink cold water and make coffee out of hot water. ;)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm...PlanetMaster already said the correct ans. .Since hot water is less dense so on adding cold wateer it will come on surface and will mix on the way :)

Reaction score
Ohhh,,no i am late i wanted to answer this question first :( lol
well mine answer is same as the admin :)

Reaction score
u peOple r even discussing physics over here.....tok sumething ov humour :p lol
juxt finished wd exam fever!

Reaction score
Atleast they are learning what they learnt
Bravot to this thread creator
From what you learnt i think you gave your exams just to gave grades
they study to be able
baccah kaabil bano kaabil,succes tou jhak maar kar pichay aay gee !
See the point
?
:D

Reaction score
That's a good ans by master but i think there will definately be stupid or funny ans behind q.

Reaction score
well i am new here n i am in C-2(o-levels) i wanna know that i am having sociology as an extra subject.Can smbdy who had it in his/her o levels tell me tht what if i do only 5 topics from 8 of sociology's ayllabus including data resources as copulsary.Plz rply soon and web master if nobody then u .........

Reaction score
well can u tell me urs instition name n city.If we r in same city might we can help ourselves in studies through anyother source as well.........only if u wish.well i was askning 4 me coz i have just 9 subjects b4re.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

just see the first post of this thread...it's a question...which planet master answered...she means to say she also has the same answer..!!