• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

animations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hey guys i want to do computer animations in future so i want to know which subjects r needed for animations in A levels!

Reaction score
Maybe pretty much looks like Art & Design and Math..math is pretty easy if you want to rise your grades..:) good luck

Reaction score
my skl is asking me to pick at least 4 subjects for A levels so i was thinking to pick maths physics computing and general paper... wat do u suggest is this option good?

Reaction score
Do you want to be a game designer or video animator? Kindly elaborate exactly which field you want to pursue!

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to do something similar after his A Level.
He has opted for Physics, Mathematics and ICT (a subject combination of computer studies and IT).

So I'd say go for ICT instead of simple computer studies as it has much much more value! But keep in mind it's a lengthy subject and requires a very good teacher. Where are you from?

The other subject choices are good enough ;)

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
He has opted for Physics, Mathematics and ICT (a subject combination of computer studies and IT).

So I'd say go for ICT instead of simple computer studies as it has much much more value! But keep in mind it's a lengthy subject and requires a very good teacher. Where are you from?

First of all, there is so such subject as Computer Studies at A/AS Level. Only Computing.

Secondly, don't listen to him. ICT is considered to be a shit subject. It has hardly any value. Computing on the other hand is well respected but not as much as Physics/Chemistry/Maths etc.

Please don't give incorrect advice.

Reaction score
apple said:
MAVtKnmJ said:

First of all, there is so such subject as Computer Studies at A/AS Level. Only Computing.

Secondly, don't listen to him. ICT is considered to be a shit subject. It has hardly any value. Computing on the other hand is well respected but not as much as Physics/Chemistry/Maths etc.

well yeah... its computing... as my skl requires me to take at least 4 subject so i was thinking maths, computing, art & design and physics... do u think this is a good combination?

Reaction score
its perfect....

but dude....these r jst mere formalities.....

do u possess some natural talent...in graphics...animations...

is ur general knowledge high.....in such stuff...

cuz thts wt matters da most......when ur applying 4 top uni's of such criteria ..

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
its perfect....

but dude....these r jst mere formalities.....

do u possess some natural talent...in graphics...animations...

is ur general knowledge high.....in such stuff...

cuz thts wt matters da most......when ur applying 4 top uni's of such criteria ..

yeah... i work on animations most of the time as i have a lot of interest in it n i have done some basic courses in it too to improve myself

Reaction score
EXCELLENT........

also learn computer languages...

like c++

very important 4 graphics....

so will u work in pakistan or hollywood.....

who knows....SHREK PART 8 will be made by you:p

Reaction score
WellWIshER said:
EXCELLENT........

also learn computer languages...

like c++

very important 4 graphics....

so will u work in pakistan or hollywood.....

who knows....SHREK PART 8 will be made by you:p

computer languages r for mostly software designing like c++... but yeah they can be an advantage... there r no good uni for animations in pakistan so will try to go to uk n usa which have very good unis especially for animations... i will work where it suits me ;)... mayby avatar 3 lol ;P

Reaction score
ashhadazam said:
Avatar isnt animated so Shrek 8 is the best idea ;)

avatar is animated... its so perfectly animated that many ppl think its not... aspera software was used to animate avatar :)

Reaction score
you should be good at computer languages first of all/
if you think you you are comfortable with that then take the next step.!!

Reaction score
apple said:

LMAO, you are the one who has no knowledge of what you speak about.
Many universities in the world give your double credits for ICT and consider it a great advantage in your application form!
A couple of my friends got admission in MIT when they had three A in ICT, Physics and Mathematics as compared to those students who had 8 A in A Level and still didn't get in!

So it's you who doesn't know squat and need to verify your information before getting into stupid arguments just to prove that your all big-shot, when clearly your mistaken!

I've yet to give incorrect advice, maybe that's the reason I have been assigned as a Moderator with such few posts?

Haha Newbs these days, I love crushing them!

Reaction score
lol... well its really hard to get the correct info if many ppl have different opinions... we should judge it by ourself n think hard on it :)

Reaction score
The main criteria here should be "Is this person Legit" then you can check his/her previous posts and see if they are trustworthy or not.
In most cases, if a person is on the "Staff List" he/she can be trusted to give correct advice ;)

Lastly you can always speak to your teachers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.