• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Answering a TIMELINE question.

Reaction score
There is a slight confusion in a Question with timeline.
A question which asks,
'Was the introduction of Jinnah's 14 points the most important factor in the development of Pakistan b/w 1928-1935?
In the Marks Scheme, the Answer starts directly from the NEHRU REPORT 1928, whereas in the question, Jinnah's 14 points are mentioned.
Similarly, in other Questions regarding TIMELINE, they have given points in the Mark schemes first, about what they mentioned in the Question,
Like Gandhi-Jinnah talks are being asked, and the answer starts from Gandhi-Jinnah talks, after which the Cripps Mission(though it comes before G.J talks) is described.
My Question is that, do we have to start our answer according to the sequence of events that took place-no matter what is given in the question, or first explain what is being asked in the question then follow the proper sequence?
I'm waiting for ur suggestions.
Thanks

Reaction score
Go in the sequence. But in the conclusion mention whether say 'the 14 points of Jinnah were important or not and why do you think so in the light of your above analysis"

Reaction score
I knew, Zohaib would reply.
Immediately start the answer from what comes first in the TIME PERIOD mentioned??

Reaction score
do we have to explain eac and every event.?
like during 1940s what was important,so we to write 8 events(pak res,crpps mis,quit india,g-j talk,simla conf,election,cabinet mission,3 june plan)

Reaction score
but Junaid akhter said that e.g 'was simla conferance the most imp ..............during 1940s',so write simla conf > election>cabinet mission>3 june only

Reaction score
Look if they have asked from 1940-47 and mentioned is the Cripps Mission (1942) so take start from cripps and onwards and theres no need to discuss the events before the event mentioned - that's what junaid akhtar said to me.. it is recommended to go through sequence although not complusory