• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANSWERING ALL BIO/CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBTS :)

Reaction score
Reaction score
As for yor second question, the length of the arthropod continues to increase, so the answer can not be C, since in that the length stays almost the same. As the exoskeleton weas off, the arthropod becomes smaller before growing again, so staright lines are impossible. This eliminates A and D, leaving us with B. I hope this is clear, if not, feel free to ask again!

Reaction score
As for yor second question, the length of the arthropod continues to increase, so the answer can not be C, since in that the length stays almost the same. As the exoskeleton weas off, the arthropod becomes smaller before growing again, so staright lines are impossible. This eliminates A and D, leaving us with B. I hope this is clear, if not, feel free to ask again!
thanks for replying 75% I got it....can u explain me wat exactly the question says?

Reaction score
thanks for replying 75% I got it....can u explain me wat exactly the question says?
The question asks you to evaluate, how the arthropod grows over time......so does it just keep growng(A), or it stops and den grws and stops again etc. (B), or grows a bit, den loses that height, den grws again etc. (C) or doesnt grow at all (D).
Is that better? (sry i'm bad wid wrds!:oops:)

Reaction score
A and B are from male plants...i.e the pollen grain and the pollen tube..so it's gene definately won't be identical..
therefore the answer can either be C or D..
i think C is wrong bcoz it's the ovule..it's characteristics will be different if the male gamete fertilizes with another ovule...so the answer should be D...as it's part of the 'main' plant...not the reproductive part..

makes sense? :unsure:

Reaction score
If you still didn't understand feel free to ask again :)
and lemme have a look at your other questions :)
View attachment 12630
yea I got it now really ....ok can u explain the other question which lemme explained ...I'm unable to understand the question...
Also this http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...nal O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w11_qp_11.pdf questions 19, 26, 31, 40----u explained it yesterday but I didn't get it that much...
Sorry for lot of questions....I'm really praying to u....wish u all the best master!

Reaction score
yea I got it now really ....ok can u explain the other question which lemme explained ...I'm unable to understand the question...
Also this http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge International O Level/Biology (5090)/5090_w11_qp_11.pdf questions 19, 26, 31, 40----u explained it yesterday but I didn't get it that much...
Sorry for lot of questions....I'm really praying to u....wish u all the best master!
it's okie...don't be sorry! and Jazakallah Khair for your prayers...May Allah give you more than what you desire..Aameen!
any doubt?
GCE Nov 2011 Q19.jpgGCE Nov 2011 Q26.jpgGCE Nov 2011 Q31.jpgGCE Nov 2011 Q40.jpg