• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANSWERING ALL BIO/CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBTS :)

Reaction score
uhmm golden = must be homozygous recessive? How can it be Bb....
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!
Bb is for children...not their parents..mother is golden which means must be homozygous recessive and when the chlod is black it means that one recessive allele must be present in him/her

Hope It clears your doubt! :)

Reaction score
yea yea yea it an organ because it has many tissues for e.g cornary artrey , renal artrey, pulmonary artry>>>>>>>so on
Yes, it is an organ , but aren't you contradicting yourself here???? :cautious:
You said because it has many tissues for e.g coronary ARTERY, renal ARTERY, pulmonary ARTERY!
No, the different tissues are muscular tissue, connective tissue,.....:) !

Reaction score
plz may june 2002 question 37 PLZ PLZ PLZ i wana ana answer BIO is 2morrow i am very nervous about tthe answer
It is D, Observe the y-axis label-per THOUSAND of population, and it is the birth rate, SO 41/1000, 26/1000, 35/1000 and 18/1000...18 is the smallest indicating the least birth rate so least population growth....
hope this helps :) !

Reaction score
for question 19 .....sodalime will absorb co2 in atmosphere and cauz rise in fall....y this option is not available plz explain!?
For 19, I do not understand what do u exactly mean, but here: At X, the cells are ALIVE and provided with suitable conditions so they respire releasing CO2 which is absorbed by the soda lime and so level X rises, but for Y the cells are dead i.e. no respiration and no photosynthesis so no change in level Y! (there is very less CO2 in the air around the seeds to be absorbed; it will not cause a change!)
Q34, 1 is photosynthesis ( directly pointing to plant), 2 is feeding ( consumers eat other organisms) while 3 is respiration (energy lost to atmosphere) so it is C...
Any more?:)

Reaction score
For 19, I do not understand what do u exactly mean, but here: At X, the cells are ALIVE and provided with suitable conditions so they respire releasing CO2 which is absorbed by the soda lime and so level X rises, but for Y the cells are dead i.e. no respiration and no photosynthesis so no change in level Y! (there is very less CO2 in the air around the seeds to be absorbed; it will not cause a change!)
Q34, 1 is photosynthesis ( directly pointing to plant), 2 is feeding ( consumers eat other organisms) while 3 is respiration (energy lost to atmosphere) so it is C...
If I've more I'll message u...thx!

Reaction score
for question 19 .....sodalime will absorb co2 in atmosphere and cauz rise in fall....y this option is not available plz explain!?

Assalam-o-alaikum wr wb...
for the 19th one...the level rises bcoz the germinating seeds take in Oxygen...as the gas decreases in the tube the level of X rises...
but the dead cells don't need Oxygen so the level remains the same...
hope you get it :)

Reaction score
I believe it can be explained in both ways :D ?
the thing is that...in respiration it releases CO2 which is absorbed by the soda lime, immediately so no 'exchange' of gases takes place...causing the level to stay in the same position! but here...it is using up oxygen that's why level is rising!

don't mean to offend you btw... :oops:

Reaction score
the thing is that...in respiration it releases CO2 which is absorbed by the soda lime, immediately so no 'exchange' of gases takes place...causing the level to stay in the same position! but here...it is using up oxygen that's why level is rising!

don't mean to offend you btw... :oops:
but co2 in atmosphere is absorbed ryt?