• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANSWERING ALL BIO/CHEM PAPER 1 DOUBTS :)

Reaction score

iwas just confused i thought it meant the mass of the metal
It differs according to the reagent if excess acid was used the volumes will be the same..If excess solid is used,the volumes will differ..probably :p

Reaction score
It differs according to the reagent if excess acid was used the volumes will be the same..If excess solid is used,the volumes will differ..probably :p
yea but this is a diff case its just related to rate of reaction

Reaction score
yea but this is a diff case its just related to rate of reaction
yea that differ but they my include this also and may let you choose from factors like temp and concentration of acid and the same volume of gas is produced

Reaction score
yea that differ but they my include this also and may let you choose from factors like temp and concentration of acid and the same volume of gas is produced
that can happen i meant specifically for this reaction ...

Reaction score
In 2003 paper 1 biology question 31 how come its 1 in 2 when i think its 1 in 3 or 4 well its about genetics

Reaction score
In 2003 paper 1 biology question 31 how come its 1 in 2 when i think its 1 in 3 or 4 well its about genetics
look,
brown eyes is dominant (B) blue eyes is recessive (b)
so Bb and bb
so offspring genotype will be :Bb ,Bb,bb,bb
so its 2in4 i.e 1in2

Reaction score
Thanks now i get
The thing is that i dont improve when solving much either raise by three marks or go down by four marks everytime

Reaction score
Thanks now i get
The thing is that i dont improve when solving much either raise by three marks or go down by four marks everytime
Try understanding the questions u get mistakes in & u knw "Practice make a man perfect' :) so dun worry n keep practicin..

Reaction score
That waterproof 'elly prevents the loss of water by transpiration and keeps the moisture inside the leaf.So,the leaf which had the upper surface covered became dry and brown as water is lost from the lower surface.While the one which had both covered became soft and green as no water is lost.The one with the lower surface covered became green so lower surface has more stomata than the upper one,in general this applies to most leaves.
~~~~~~~~~~~
The area which contained starch is where photosynthesis takes place.This is where light reaches it and also that area should contain the green chloropyll so that area is C.You should've noticed the paper placed is black not transparent

Reaction score
Please explain the answer.. super confused!

MLHv8.jpg

Reaction score
Please explain the answer.. super confused!

MLHv8.jpg
It's obvious that this reaction is not a redox reaction…And that's why the oxidation state of the CHROMIUM doesn't change…If it was about te chromate then the oxidation state will also be -2 in both cases…THE PH OF the mixture increases since excess alkali is added…