• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

answers neede for geography

Reaction score
plz tell me the point for the following requirements of syllabus or indicate me the page no in buk whr I can found the answer for them.....

Candidates should be able to:
• understand the importance of water as a resource; understand how supplies for agricultural, industrial
and domestic purposes are obtained, maintained and controlled as well as used
• explain and evaluate the causes of and solutions to the problems of water supply (including pollution)
• explain and evaluate how water supply issues can lead to conflict

• understand the reasons for
(i) the development of plantations in the Indus Plain
(ii) afforestation on mountain slopes and plateaux areas

• identify the main imported minerals, where they come from, and in what quantities( answer required only for quantites)

• state and explain the factors, both physical and human, which promote or hinder the availability of electricity and other power resources listed, including the feasibility of small-scale, renewable power generation.

(ii) evaluate how agricultural practice and water management can be improved to prevent waterlogging and salinity happening.

• identify the services provided by the formal sector (the professions) and their importance to the
development of Pakistan
• assess the feasibility of using global communications to enhance employment opportunities e.g. call centres
• identify the services provided by the formal sector (the professions) and their importance to the development of Pakistan
• understand the range of services provided by the informal sector, and their advantages and
disadvantages to the development of Pakistan
• understand the significance of trading blocs, trade barriers, currency exchange rates

• explain the factors which help and hinder the location, maintenance and development of roads,
railways and airports
• compare the advantages and disadvantages of road, rail and air transport within Pakistan for both goods and people
• consider the sustainability of motorway and airport development evaluate the development of new transport schemes

• explain the factors which affect the location and development of cross-border roads and railways, seaports, dryports and airports

• explain the importance of radio, television, phones, fax machines, emails and the internet in the fields of education, industry and business
• understand the problems of providing telecommunications in some parts of Pakistan
• evaluate the role of telecommunication in the development of Pakistan

• explain and evaluate the effects of the present and projected population structures on the economy and development of Pakistan
• describe and explain the effects of these population movements, including shanty developments in cities, tent cities and the de-population of rural areas
• understand and evaluate the importance for Pakistan’s development of literacy, education and training for both males and females, in rural as well as urban areas.....

plz give the answer...luking forward for response....

Reaction score
many of the answers are in the syllabus it self...
in any bk u can chk the index :p it's nt hard to find....:p

Reaction score
reasons for

PLZ SOME ONE ANSWER THIS.....PLZ!

Reaction score
reasons for

PLZ SOME ONE ANSWER THIS.....PLZ!

i) Why should there be development of plantations in the Indus Plain?
Ans:

1) Because of the favourable topography of the Indus plain there are many towns and industries in the Indus Plain. To keep the air fresh and free of pollution it is necessary that plantations be there. The excessive release of Carbon Dioxide has to be countered and trees help do that.
2) For a pleasant climate it is necessary that plantations be there. Trees through evapotranspiration prevent aridity. Climate is maintained.
3) There are almost seasonal floods in the Indus Plain and plantations can help reduce their impact. First of all, they keep the soil intact and prevent fertile soil from from being eroded. Second, they reduce the speed of water and thus reduce the damage caused by it.
4) Plantations can fulfill the needs of the high population in the Indus Plain if sustainable forestry is done. It can be a viable source for timber for industries and domestic use.
5) They reduce chances of desertification and loss of land.
5) Plantations enhance scenic beauty and can develop tourism.
6) Plantations reduce soil erosion. It reduces the amount of siltation. Thus, chances of floods decrease and water supply improves.
For more points just convert the advantages of forests to points like I have done above.

i) Why should there be afforestation on mountain slopes and plateaus?
Ans:

1) Plantations reduce soil erosion when there is surface run-off and prevents fertile soil from moving away. Thus land fertility can be retained.
2) It reduces the amount of siltation and thus dam capacity increases. Chances of floods decrease, water supply improves and optimal electricity production can be there.
3) There is very less provision of natural gas to northern areas and if sustainable forestry is done the inhabitants can benefit from these plantations.
4) High areas are already famous for tourism and greenery will enhance scenic beauty, thus leading to improvement in tourism industry and local standard of living.

BTW Are you going to appear in the 2013 May Session? I am taking the Pak Studies, Islamiat and Urdu exams. If there are any suggestions please give. And yes Geography is pretty easy once you improve your thinking approach which can easily be done by solving past papers and looking at mark schemes. I am having trouble in Islamiat and Urdu btw.

Reaction score
i) Why should there be development of plantations in the Indus Plain?
Ans:

1) Because of the favourable topography of the Indus plain there are many towns and industries in the Indus Plain. To keep the air fresh and free of pollution it is necessary that plantations be there. The excessive release of Carbon Dioxide has to be countered and trees help do that.
2) For a pleasant climate it is necessary that plantations be there. Trees through evapotranspiration prevent aridity. Climate is maintained.
3) There are almost seasonal floods in the Indus Plain and plantations can help reduce their impact. First of all, they keep the soil intact and prevent fertile soil from from being eroded. Second, they reduce the speed of water and thus reduce the damage caused by it.
4) Plantations can fulfill the needs of the high population in the Indus Plain if sustainable forestry is done. It can be a viable source for timber for industries and domestic use.
5) They reduce chances of desertification and loss of land.
5) Plantations enhance scenic beauty and can develop tourism.
6) Plantations reduce soil erosion. It reduces the amount of siltation. Thus, chances of floods decrease and water supply improves.
For more points just convert the advantages of forests to points like I have done above.

i) Why should there be afforestation on mountain slopes and plateaus?
Ans:

1) Plantations reduce soil erosion when there is surface run-off and prevents fertile soil from moving away. Thus land fertility can be retained.
2) It reduces the amount of siltation and thus dam capacity increases. Chances of floods decrease, water supply improves and optimal electricity production can be there.
3) There is very less provision of natural gas to northern areas and if sustainable forestry is done the inhabitants can benefit from these plantations.
4) High areas are already famous for tourism and greenery will enhance scenic beauty, thus leading to improvement in tourism industry and local standard of living.

BTW Are you going to appear in the 2013 May Session? I am taking the Pak Studies, Islamiat and Urdu exams. If there are any suggestions please give. And yes Geography is pretty easy once you improve your thinking approach which can easily be done by solving past papers and looking at mark schemes. I am having trouble in Islamiat and Urdu btw.
thnx alot..
yes im giving papers just after a week of islamiat and pk studies bt nt urdu
i also hav prob in isl.....hows preperation mine is nt complete?
wat help do u need?

Reaction score
thnx alot..
yes im giving papers just after a week of islamiat and pk studies bt nt urdu
i also hav prob in isl.....hows preperation mine is nt complete?
wat help do u need?
I don't need any specific help, just some tips, etc. Preparation is done but I have to do whole revision and the quotations don't sit in mind for much time so also have to revise them.