• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Answers required for some 4 marks questions

Reaction score
Hi......

Can anyone plz give me 4 statements for he following 4 marks questions:

1 what was doctrine of paramontacy ?
2 what does da term ANGLICIZED stands for?
3 what was hunter committee ?
4 what was league of nation ?
5 what is an executive council. ?
6 who was douglas gracey ?
7 what was EBDO ?
8 what was RCD ?
9 who is a CMLA ?
10 what was colombo plan ?
11 what was da charter act of 1833 ?
12 what was da pitts act ?
13 what was da mansubdari system ?

Plz...plz...plz....plz.plz....plz...plz...plz...plz...plz...

Thanking the one who answers in anticipation

Reaction score
Looking for answer especially frm "Salman", "InshallahAjaega" and "Falcon"

Reaction score
guys guys please stick to the fact these types of questions are not specifically included in our syllabus and only those topics come in 4 marks which have a slight hint or which are given in nigel kelly! so if u cant find any answer there, it probably wont come. see the past papers of june and october 2010, u will find out what HULWA questions come! :p

Reaction score
Hey, its not really necessary to write 4 statements, you can just also explain two statements. Thats what i do and what the marking scheme tells. Remembering four statement is kind of hectic.

Reaction score
Doctrine of paramountcy: Highly unlikely to come, but heres the answer.

It was a corollary to the Doctrine of Lapse.
I'll make it simple in explaining.
Corollary is a deduction or something which is a produced as a consequence or result of something.

So basically, you don't have to go in much detail about this, but just remember that the doctrine of paramountcy and doctrine of lapse were similar. just write what the doctrine of lapse was. That's how i've seen it several times.

The term anglicized basically means to become more of a part of the British culture. In this context, since the British changed the language of administration into English in 1834, and changed English as the language of teaching in 1835, it meant most people, in order to be successful (gain jobs in the governement, civil services etc) had to become Anglicized or a part of the British culture by taking up British education, and learning english. These changes generally occured for the upper classes of India.

The hunter committee was formed as a result of General Dyer's actions in the Amritsar massacre. It was said to find out and inquire into the actions of General Dyer. The Hunter committee did not punish Dyer as a result of his actions as many of his superiors considered his actions to be "heroic". Instead, he was relieved of duty.
That's basically all about I could find relating to the hunter committee.

I'll post others later.
But I do not think that the "League of nations" or an executive council can come as a 4 mark question...

Reaction score
4)league of nation was formed aftr WWII......actually it was predecessor of UN.........i think its date of formation is 1942.......not sure though....
6)He was first Commander in Chief of Pak Army......He was the one who blocked orders of Quaid regarding War in KAshmir in 1947....he was replaced by Ayub Khan in 1951.......
12)It was another name for India Act 1784....It made Governer General royal appointment n was made head of India....
13)Mansubdari system was introduced by Akbar....(i dont ve much detail on it n is most likely not to come as it is before Aurangzeb....:p )
8 )RCD stands for Regional Corporation for Development....it was n agreement made b/t pak , iran n turkey...it promsied each other of economical help...... it was made in i guess in 1964...
9)CMLA is Cheif Martial Law Administrator.......who heads a country under martial law...it is mostly Army Cheif.....but can be any other as was the case in 1971 when Bhutto was CMLA....
10)Colombo Plan is a regional organization that embodies the concept of collective inter-governmental effort to strengthen economic and social development of member countries in the Asia-Pacific Region.

first three were told by Rafae.......
while i dont know the rest........ :oops:
n i hope i helped....:D

Reaction score
thnkx everyone for their help....but try to find compelete answers(either in points or full explanation) as I dont hve much time to search for these ques...plz...plz...plz...plz...plz....plz.......thnkx once agagin....

Reaction score
-It involved Mansabdar in different areas, which was both to help efficiently rule civil part and military
-Mansabdari system was intriduced by Akbar
-It was encouraged by Aurangzeb due to vastness of Empire

Reaction score
yaar this wont come this old history isnt included in our syllabus!

Reaction score
*facepalm* xeshan don't look up ancient questions and be afraid of them. Pre-British history isn't in our syllabus