• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Any subjects I should take extra that might be useful (in grade 10 now, so dont have much time)

Reaction score
I was thinking of Add. Maths and/or Travel and Tourism
My current subjects are English(510) math phys chem eco IT and french (all IGCSE exept french[gcse])
Also any AS level subjects i could do now
Also, my school doesnt offer any other subjects so i have to do it at home
Any help would be much appreciated :D

Reaction score
Hey, take something that would be related to what your going to study for. Like don't take accounts or bussiness [Like I did, and I feel it's kinda useless, well not a waste but still meh]..
Get Bio, cause you seem like a sci student without bio lol, and Add maths would be the best pick out of those 3!

Reaction score
Hey, take something that would be related to what your going to study for. Like don't take accounts or bussiness [Like I did, and I feel it's kinda useless, well not a waste but still meh]..
Get Bio, cause you seem like a sci student without bio lol, and Add maths would be the best pick out of those 3!
The thing in common between eco and bio is they're VERY huge
Also, most of the kids who did take bio were pretty much crying - so it sounds pretty scary

Reaction score
The thing in common between eco and bio is they're VERY huge
Also, most of the kids who did take bio were pretty much crying - so it sounds pretty scary

Ha ha! Well if your doing IG's It's nothing compared to Alevels. But yes compared to other subjects lotsa memorizing, but Im sure if you find it intresting its a subject you can ace. Well if you ask why I say so? Maths, Physics, and some Stichiometry (chem) requires you to think "At that moment", no matter how well you studied and practiced, you still have a possibilty of doing some silly mistake. Bio, its impossible, you can fully prepare yourself before sitting for exams, well thats why threshold is high too.

Im going for Bio for my future, that may be the reason I enjoy and find it easy, but I say its kinda worth it than opting for a subject you wont take seriously!

My vote goes for bio!

Reaction score
Ha ha! Well if your doing IG's It's nothing compared to Alevels. But yes compared to other subjects lotsa memorizing, but Im sure if you find it intresting its a subject you can ace. Well if you ask why I say so? Maths, Physics, and some Stichiometry (chem) requires you to think "At that moment", no matter how well you studied and practiced, you still have a possibilty of doing some silly mistake. Bio, its impossible, you can fully prepare yourself before sitting for exams, well thats why threshold is high too.

Im going for Bio for my future, that may be the reason I enjoy and find it easy, but I say its kinda worth it than opting for a subject you wont take seriously!

My vote goes for bio!
You have kinda described Environment Manegment, you might have a hard time studying but you cant go wrong

And btw, are you 100% SURE that I can do it at home? Mom doesnt know bio and neither does dad :p

Reaction score
You have kinda described Environment Manegment, you might have a hard time studying but you cant go wrong

And btw, are you 100% SURE that I can do it at home? Mom doesnt know bio and neither does dad :p

Environment Manegment? Dunno DUNOO! wut dat iz!! lol.
I scored an A* for IG's 2 years back. And doing pretty good in Alevels.
Woah sorry, didn't read the part that you can't go school for this one addition subject. Hmm, My teacher for Bio/IG was real good, probably that's why I aced. But additional maths, is gonna be some hard time if you plan doing it home, travel and tour must be fun :p .

Okay seriously, It's how you can cope up. Scan through the syllabus copy once and decide for yourself, we all think diffrently! I can't give my views on this!

Reaction score
Again, it depends on what you are going to choose for the future, but in case you are asking just to get one more subject to your results, then here is my suggestion from experience:
English Literature is way too hard to be studied at home. Trust me, I have a very good teacher and it is already a HUGE pain.
Biology has, as already mentioned, a really long syllabus. Finishing it properly in Gr10 and Gr11 is actually hard, so if you choose it, it is your own risk.
Add Maths is as hard to cover as biology, but if you are a really good mathematician, then this subject is the most useful.
Travel & Tourism is the best option to choose if you just want an additional subject to your report. It is very easy and can be studied at home.
Sociology is also a viable option. I had a friend, who before 2 months of IGs, started studying Sociology on his own and he got an A.

Reaction score
Again, it depends on what you are going to choose for the future, but in case you are asking just to get one more subject to your results, then here is my suggestion from experience:
English Literature is way too hard to be studied at home. Trust me, I have a very good teacher and it is already a HUGE pain.
Biology has, as already mentioned, a really long syllabus. Finishing it properly in Gr10 and Gr11 is actually hard, so if you choose it, it is your own risk.
Add Maths is as hard to cover as biology, but if you are a really good mathematician, then this subject is the most useful.
Travel & Tourism is the best option to choose if you just want an additional subject to your report. It is very easy and can be studied at home.
Sociology is also a viable option. I had a friend, who before 2 months of IGs, started studying Sociology on his own and he got an A.

Can you just give me an intro to Sociology?
And btw, ur in uae right, which school?

Reaction score
Can you just give me an intro to Sociology?
And btw, ur in uae right, which school?
Unfortunately, I have no idea what Sociology is about, since I don't take it. It was my friend who did. I live in Sharjah, and the school is called Wesgreen Intl. School.

Reaction score
If you are giving Biology then go for human and social biology too its the same syllabus and you wont have to prepare two times :)