• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ANY TIPS ON ENG COMPREHENSION!!??

Reaction score
i used to have the same problem until i practised =) comprehension in english is important so just practice even when its at the last minute you could still make it =) just read the question slowly and give the answer what the question wants. they somtimes use grammar to trick you (especially in exercise 2) and time is precious but dont get to much stressed out or you could lose time, dont stay stuck on the same question move on and at the end you will find an answer =) practise makes perfect and time is precious so goood luck on your exams!!!

Reaction score
my problem iz that the inviligator asked us 2 stop i was writing the last word in history paper. they snatched my statement of entry. at last they give me by asking me fill a form in which i had to sorrie to cie and had to ensure them that i will never do this again. wat to do i haddd 2 fill it. now m worried wat will hapen although they return statement of entry bt now wat will they do with the form. one teacher said it will b send 2 cie with my paper . some say it will nt mater it will nt b send to cie they will keep it till my paper. nd if ths hapens again then they will do smethng. after i had gone away one student was crying so they tore his form. now smebody plzzzzzzzzzz tell me wat will hapens next. my centre iz in beacon house clifton campus
They would keep the form as a proof that you have already promised the cie of not doing such an act again. This was just a warning and no they won't send it with your paper they will keep it with themselves till the end of the session so if they catch you doing a similar act they can take action :)

Reaction score
my problem iz that the inviligator asked us 2 stop i was writing the last word in history paper. they snatched my statement of entry. at last they give me by asking me fill a form in which i had to sorrie to cie and had to ensure them that i will never do this again. wat to do i haddd 2 fill it. now m worried wat will hapen although they return statement of entry bt now wat will they do with the form. one teacher said it will b send 2 cie with my paper . some say it will nt mater it will nt b send to cie they will keep it till my paper. nd if ths hapens again then they will do smethng. after i had gone away one student was crying so they tore his form. now smebody plzzzzzzzzzz tell me wat will hapens next. my centre iz in beacon house clifton campus
well there are 3 warnings given by taking ur statement of entry....u filled a form...this means u have be warned the first time...it will not be sent to cie...if ur statement of entry is taken 3 times u'll get disqualified....no need to worry ur grade will not be affected....BTW don't do it next time :)

Reaction score

Woah that is scary. Sorry I am not helping :(
Well, not to be blunt or anything but CIE wouldn't ask you to fill a form for no reason. It'll reach them ofcourse but I doubt anything big will happen to your paper. Just relax and don't think about it too much. Whatever happens will just happen. They aren't gonna sue you or anything so just chill bruh.
They won't do anything. Even if it is sent, they won't cut your paper or anything. It will just be like a notice for them or something while checking your paper. No big deal. Just don't do it again :)

Reaction score
yar plzzzzzzz koi exact information dai do. m very much worried. mere frnd ka forn tou unho ne tear kar dia tha so she became relaxed par i dont know mine. bt still if they dont have done it so wat will hapen. will there b any bad effects on my result. or any deductions of marks. plzzzz koi sahi sahi bata do. i will b very thankful

Reaction score
yar plzzzzzzz koi exact information dai do. m very much worried. mere frnd ka forn tou unho ne tear kar dia tha so she became relaxed par i dont know mine. bt still if they dont have done it so wat will hapen. will there b any bad effects on my result. or any deductions of marks. plzzzz koi sahi sahi bata do. i will b very thankful
I asked my head examiner today after my paper. He said that if the examiner himself writes the report your paper would be cancelled but if he asks you to write it, that doesn't matter much. He said that there is no rule of 3 warnings the cie ask you to send the written report on the first attempt. But then I explained him your situation and told him that the examiner at your center tore away the sheet of one of your class mates, so he said that the examiner might be lenient and might not send the report to cie. But if he wants to he can there is no rule for the 3 warnings. I don't want to demoralize you but you asked for the truth :)

Reaction score
I asked my head examiner today after my paper. He said that if the examiner himself writes the report your paper would be cancelled but if he asks you to write it, that doesn't matter much. He said that there is no rule of 3 warnings the cie ask you to send the written report on the first attempt. But then I explained him your situation and told him that the examiner at your center tore away the sheet of one of your class mates, so he said that the examiner might be lenient and might not send the report to cie. But if he wants to he can there is no rule for the 3 warnings. I don't want to demoralize you but you asked for the truth :)
its alright. but u tell me will cie b making any negative markings in my history paper. or what effect it will hav on my result or paper.

Reaction score
its alright. but u tell me will cie b making any negative markings in my history paper. or what effect it will hav on my result or paper.
Did you personally write the report with your own hand? or the examiner wrote it by you being just standing beside him?

Reaction score
Who says you can't do this ? My teacher says its allowed. I get like 47 marks in P 2 :D :D :D
Alhumdulliah :)
Aap ke teacher kahin aap ko 25/15 to nahin de deti? Coz pretty much even if you write 18 points (and don't waste time writing 25) you can get on or two wrong and still score 15/15. So this doesn't count much on your total marks, the comprehension does. Most people score 23/25 or even more in summary but lose marks in comprehension.

Reaction score
Did you personally write the report with your own hand? or the examiner wrote it by you being just standing beside him?
i wrote it by myself while examiner give the form 2 me and went away. some other teacher took it by me

Reaction score
Aap ke teacher kahin aap ko 25/15 to nahin de deti? Coz pretty much even if you write 18 points (and don't waste time writing 25) you can get on or two wrong and still score 15/15. So this doesn't count much on your total marks, the comprehension does. Most people score 23/25 or even more in summary but lose marks in comprehension.

Rit same case here i gt 23/25 in summary whereas in second passage gt 10/25 :( in my mocks

Reaction score
No no. She gives me 15/15 but writing 25 points increases your chances. As for the Comprehension, read carefully.

Reaction score
pehli baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt....................itne points hone bhi toh chahiye ke hum likh saken ;):p

Reaction score
hey chill dude..the invigilators can not do the injustice of sending ur form when they teared your friend's.plus,they would never have teared it if it was something bigger than a warning..Nothing can affect marking of your paper except what you wrote in answers.So,keep yourself calm.:):cool:

Reaction score
Kuch nahin hoga...believe me....