• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Anyone attending Applied ICT for AS level on 28th may 2013?

Reaction score
i'm appearing for it on 28th and 30th,, no great prepration, anyone plzzzzzzzz help me out !!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Reaction score
PART 2

11 ) System Life Cycles: These are somewhat straightforward for me, but I don't know about you so I'll list everything I can think of :giggle:
i) There are 5 phases: Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Evaluation​

In general 5 and your order is kinda wrong but actually, it goes like this,

(i) Feasibility study
(ii) Analysis
(iii) Design
(iv) Development and Testing and then,
(v) Implementation
(vi) Documentation and
(vii) Evaluation

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me by explaining to me how we use terminators, processes, flow arrows and stores in a data flow diagram and if they give me a scenario in the exam how will i know what part is the terminators, processes, flow arrows and stores. Thank you

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me by explaining to me how we use terminators, processes, flow arrows and stores in a data flow diagram and if they give me a scenario in the exam how will i know what part is the terminators, processes, flow arrows and stores. Thank you

basically seeing the data flow diagrams it helps us to identify inputs and output devices needed. also we can use the arrows to show how much data is transferred and the size of memory needed. terminators are basically the people who contribute but outside the system for example customers... stores is simply where the data is stored

Reaction score

btw which varient are u gonna sit for??

Reaction score
I also have another question, from the November 2011 paper there was this question about
the role of microprocessor in monitoring and controlling the
temperature of the refrigerator, and i didn't really understand the
answer in the mark-scheme when they said compare pressure sensor with
(Zero). Can you please explain it to me and i have copied the part of
the answer of the mark-scheme below.
microprocessor compares data from pressure sensor with zero/checks
contact switch
if it is zero/contact broken microprocessor sends a signal to the actuator
if it is zero/contact broken actuator/microprocessor switches the buzzer on
Thank you :)

Moi

Reaction score
I also have another question, from the November 2011 paper there was this question about
the role of microprocessor in monitoring and controlling the
temperature of the refrigerator, and i didn't really understand the
answer in the mark-scheme when they said compare pressure sensor with
(Zero). Can you please explain it to me and i have copied the part of
the answer of the mark-scheme below.
microprocessor compares data from pressure sensor with zero/checks
contact switch
if it is zero/contact broken microprocessor sends a signal to the actuator
if it is zero/contact broken actuator/microprocessor switches the buzzer on
Thank you :)

Pressure sensor would normally be put on one corner on the frame of refrigerator. When the door of refrigerator closes, it will hit the frame and hits the pressure sensor so there is pressure buiod up on the sensor. when door is opened, there is no longer pressure on the sensor thus its *zero*. when door opens buzzer goes on.
same thing happens with contact switch...i dunni if you noticed this....but
when we were all little we used to open the refrigerator slowly to see when will the LED (light) turn on inside it. Atthe point where it lights, it means the contact from the door and contact switch is broken. when u close it slowly (the door) the light turn off at a point, that is when the door has come in contact with the contact sensor ! ihope this help u to understand :)

Reaction score
Pressure sensor would normally be put on one corner on the frame of refrigerator. When the door of refrigerator closes, it will hit the frame and hits the pressure sensor so there is pressure buiod up on the sensor. when door is opened, there is no longer pressure on the sensor thus its *zero*. when door opens buzzer goes on.
same thing happens with contact switch...i dunni if you noticed this....but
when we were all little we used to open the refrigerator slowly to see when will the LED (light) turn on inside it. Atthe point where it lights, it means the contact from the door and contact switch is broken. when u close it slowly (the door) the light turn off at a point, that is when the door has come in contact with the contact sensor ! ihope this help u to understand :)
Thank you, i understand it now

Reactions: Moi

Moi

Reaction score
Going to sleep now after studying :sleep:
my test is tomorrow
hope we all ace it!! ;)

Good Luck everyone!! i feel like we are a family and we are in this together! lets get a good sleep and inshAllah it will be over before we know it..and we'd be smiling and happy knowing that we did well!!
As Zico Sakr said...Lets Ace it and
Good Luck :D