• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Anyone sat for Further Maths paper 12?

Reaction score
Although it was not hard, I don't think GT will exceed 83. How was the paper for you? I think I lost about 9 marks... That's bad)

Reaction score
Oh, btw... maybe somebody knows.. I've run out of paper and had to write questions #10 and #11 on the graph paper... So, I hope it will be checked isn't it?
The invigilator said to do like this.

Reaction score
I think I lost about 10 like that. But it was an okay paper. Did you do the polynomial ques for the optional questions?

Reaction score
Yes. That was the question I messed up. The part with S3 and S5. used wrong formula for S3. you?

Reaction score
yeah I did that ques too. Wasn't sure about my answer. =X ain't we using the formula given? The one they asked us to prove?

Reaction score
yes, we have to use that formula. But instead, for S3 I used this one:
S3 = (sum(alpha)) ^3 - 3sum(alpha)*sum(alpha*beta) + 3sum(alpha*beta*gamma)
that's the correct one. I messed up the signs here.
I think I should have used the given formula with n = -1, and got the correct answer. Now I am very anxious about that 8 marks for the last two parts in this question. Hope the last one will be "follow through" marks.