• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

anyone who scored an A* in engish

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
abcde said:
Read anything you find interesting. That includes articles and short stories as novels may get time-consuming.
You should check out Dan Brown's novels. They're absorbing + an effective means of improving your language skills.

^ I second her!

Reaction score
I got an A star in english..
Here is my experience:
I got no proper english teacher for three years thanks to my previous school`s dumb administration. In this whole period i read the whole twilight series in 2 months. I Read a couple of other novels such as lost symbol, the fire street series etc.etc. Did a little bit of english essay practise. Watched tons of english movies with sub titles (they help greatly). In actual, the english paper all depends on your english skill that is how you speak or write it in daily life. Your creativity is also a major factor here. My tip to get an A star or an A in english is that read a couple of novels and yes! its always recommended to get a dictionary and get meanings from it but in practical world it is of no use!. Buy Cambridge revision guide if you dont have. Go through the whole book 2 times and read all of it and practise those all little exercises given in it. Before the paper do practise of essays using challenging Essay series from redspot, study on how to make mind maps and stuff from Cambridge revision guide and inshallah you will be good to go.

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
Here is my experience:
I got no proper english teacher for three years thanks to my previous school`s dumb administration. In this whole period i read the whole twilight series in 2 months. I Read a couple of other novels such as lost symbol, the fire street series etc.etc. Did a little bit of english essay practise. Watched tons of english movies with sub titles (they help greatly). In actual, the english paper all depends on your english skill that is how you speak or write it in daily life. Your creativity is also a major factor here. My tip to get an A star or an A in english is that read a couple of novels and yes! its always recommended to get a dictionary and get meanings from it but in practical world it is of no use!. Buy Cambridge revision guide if you dont have. Go through the whole book 2 times and read all of it and practise those all little exercises given in it. Before the paper do practise of essays using challenging Essay series from redspot, study on how to make mind maps and stuff from Cambridge revision guide and inshallah you will be good to go.

MASHALLAH fabulous Results :) :) :) !
aaa well i did the same thing as u for ielts examinations :p !
n my scladmistration waz same as ur's ;) hahahahah :p :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
ashleyaven said:
no.mercy said:
Here is my experience:

MASHALLAH fabulous Results :) :) :) !
aaa well i did the same thing as u for ielts examinations :p !
n my scladmistration waz same as ur's ;) hahahahah :p :ROFLMAO:

Thanku :) u gave your IELTS pretty early..have u applied for immigration or something?...and yeah the school admin sucks hard!