• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Appearing Privately (A'levels).

Reaction score
:)
Did you take Add.maths? If you did you won't find A'levels Maths that difficult; besides, I like Maths so I know that it won't be a problem INSHA ALLAH. :D
Yeah sure. :)

sadly no :( might give this oct/nov though
maths is :love: but still scary in some ways i guess .-.

Reaction score
sadly no :( might give this oct/nov though
maths is :love: but still scary in some ways i guess .-.

If you didn't and don't want to then don't. Just buy the add.maths book and solve the classified red spot book (complete), it will take 4 months top and you'll be done with it! It's very easy except for the last chapter -.-.
Yeah. :love: Not for me. :D

Reaction score
covering AS syllabus is not a big deal ...one can easily cover that in 3-4 months easily with past pprs ....but A2 is not that simple ......
secondly ...if doing Alvels together then there's no chance to improve the grade cz then in that case u have to give all 5 pprs together ....and then u'll be so much bz in uni admission tests and all that and one can't perform well to score good grades ....

and just have a look on the date sheet of the pprs of Alevels ...then think to do either in separately or together
Seriously?! Can AS syllabus be covered in such short tym period?!
here at my skool evry1 says tht the syllabus doesnt get over be4 exams
and they get no tym to solve pastpapers :/

Reaction score
:eek:
No, AS is relatively easier especially in subjects like Maths where you learn little and most of the AS syllabus is also part of the O'levels Add. Maths syllabus.
I've seen people completing their A'levels in 1 year, let alone AS.
So, the point is, AS is easier and shorter, that's why people are more 'relaxed' during their first A'levels year (or AS year).
Still though, the coverage ultimately depends on the school; private candidates can cover the syllabus in 3-4 months as Hassan said.

Reaction score

idk why they say ......as far as i know ...As syllabus can easily be completed in v.short period ..cz my bro and one of my senior completed that in 3 months along with past pprs ...

Reaction score
:eek:
No, AS is relatively easier especially in subjects like Maths where you learn little and most of the AS syllabus is also part of the O'levels Maths syllabus.
I've seen people completing their A'levels in 1 year, let alone AS.
So, the point is, AS is easier and shorter, that's why people are more 'relaxed' during their first A'levels year (or AS year).
Still though, the coverage ultimately depends on the school; private candidates can cover the syllabus in 3-4 months as Hassan said.

firstly in AS maths there's not even a single word of D maths .....
hardly maths can easily be covered in 15 days :)

Reaction score
firstly in AS maths there's not even a single word of D maths .....
hardly maths can easily be covered in 15 days :)

I meant Add.maths. Missed the 'Add.' :p
I've seen the syllabus, I know. The pure maths syllabus is just a detailed version of Add.maths.

Reaction score
I meant Add.maths. Missed the 'Add.' :p
I've seen the syllabus, I know. The pure maths syllabus is just a detailed version of Add.maths.
yes yes ...u are right .....even it contains some contents of p3 .....
but for s1 and m1 we have to study them separately

Reaction score
yes yes ...u are right .....even it contains some contents of p3 .....
but for s1 and m1 we have to study them separately

Yeah, but the statistics and mechanics syllabus also seem to be a more developed version of the physics numericals and D maths & Stats syllabus respectively.

Reaction score
Yeah, but the statistics and mechanics syllabus also seem to be a more developed version of the physics numericals and D maths & Stats syllabus respectively.

M1 is almost the phy of AS except one or two topics ..
S1 contains only some part of D maths ....

Reaction score
Kamihus, compare the syllabuses of both the subjects, that'll surely give you an idea about both the papers. :)