• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Appearing Privately (A'levels).

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I have a query to all those who know about appearing privately in CIE examinations.
What is the procedure for registrations? What are the requirements?
Also, can you guide me through what are the cons of doing A'levels privately as opposed to say, doing it from a school?
Any help will be much appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Saad bhai :D salam kehtey hai -.-
wa alaikum hello :p
i did my o levels privately abhi..
the British Council release a form 2-3 months before the exam. You have to print it off and fill in the details..this isnt too hard as a whole guide is given in addition to the form.
A list of branches of banks is given where the form is submitted along with payment and a copy of any VALID ID document i.e. passport, NIC etc...
u will get a confirmation email and the Statement of entry will be delivered to ure house :) itz easy :3

as for A levels...well im also stuck on this atm as i have yet to decide
i've seen and heard many people complaining about how hard it is..will it be manageable? :unsure: in addition...i think it depends on the subjects u take, no?

Reaction score
Saad bhai :D salam kehtey hai -.-
wa alaikum hello :p
i did my o levels privately abhi..
the British Council release a form 2-3 months before the exam. You have to print it off and fill in the details..this isnt too hard as a whole guide is given in addition to the form.
A list of branches of banks is given where the form is submitted along with payment and a copy of any VALID ID document i.e. passport, NIC etc...
u will get a confirmation email and the Statement of entry will be delivered to ure house :) itz easy :3

as for A levels...well im also stuck on this atm as i have yet to decide
i've seen and heard many people complaining about how hard it is..will it be manageable? :unsure: in addition...i think it depends on the subjects u take, no?
Sorry, Assalam o Alaykum. :oops: :D
Thanks a bunch behan jee! :)
I knew about the forms and stuff but I read somewhere that association with a center is necessary (and that would be lame -.-).

Look, private is better in my opinion. You don't have to worry about distractions, procedures, homework and stuff plus you can avoid wasting time in extra curriculurs. Also, assessing yourself with the help of mark schemes and examiner reports is the best way to go. (y)
Yeah, it does kinda depend on the subjects, I'm going to take Computing, Chemistry, General Paper, Physics and Mathematics INSHA ALLAH and I think I'll be able to cover these myself; If I get somewhere I'll ask some of my teachers and colleagues. So that's what I think of all this now.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I have a query to all those who know about appearing privately in CIE examinations.
What is the procedure for registrations? What are the requirements?
Also, can you guide me through what are the cons of doing A'levels privately as opposed to say, doing it from a school?
Any help will be much appreciated! :)

its better to do Alevels from school ...otherwise u may face problems in doing practicals

Reaction score
its better to do Alevels from school ...otherwise u may face problems in doing practicals

Are practicals absolutely essential? I mean, isn't there the option for ATP's? Because for Computing, I can make the project myself but for Chemistry and Physics, I need to know about the practicals.

Reaction score
Are practicals absolutely essential? I mean, isn't there the option for ATP's? Because for Computing, I can make the project myself but for Chemistry and Physics, I need to know about the practicals.
u are asking for AS levels na ???ryt ???

Reaction score
No I'm not going to do AS and A2, I'm going to do the single A'levels package (in which we give all of the papers together).

even then u have to give P3 of chem and phy ..that is of practicals ....and is compulsory ....and its my suggestion of to do the Alevels together ...rather just go for AS and then A2 separately

Reaction score
even then u have to give P3 of chem and phy ..that is of practicals ....and is compulsory ....and its my suggestion of to do the Alevels together ...rather just go for AS and then A2 separately

I'm not sure. I think I'll do them together (it depends on my syllabus coverage really). Still though, if the practicals are essential then I'll have to make arrangements for that somehow.

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I think I'll do them together (it depends on my syllabus coverage really). Still though, if the practicals are essential then I'll have to make arrangements for that somehow.

covering AS syllabus is not a big deal ...one can easily cover that in 3-4 months easily with past pprs ....but A2 is not that simple ......
secondly ...if doing Alvels together then there's no chance to improve the grade cz then in that case u have to give all 5 pprs together ....and then u'll be so much bz in uni admission tests and all that and one can't perform well to score good grades ....

and just have a look on the date sheet of the pprs of Alevels ...then think to do either in separately or together

Reaction score
covering AS syllabus is not a big deal ...one can easily cover that in 3-4 months easily with past pprs ....but A2 is not that simple ......
secondly ...if doing Alvels together then there's no chance to improve the grade cz then in that case u have to give all 5 pprs together ....and then u'll be so much bz in uni admission tests and all that and one can't perform well to score good grades ....

and just have a look on the date sheet of the pprs of Alevels ...then think to do either in separately or together

The purpose of doing A'levels together is to leave time for university admissions. Still though, I'll study the syllabuses and books and go through the timetable for this year (since it's the only one available right now) and make the decision.

Thanks for the help! :)

Reaction score
The purpose of doing A'levels together is to leave time for university admissions. Still though, I'll study the syllabuses and books and go through the timetable for this year (since it's the only one available right now) and make the the decision.

Thanks for the help! :)

yes just go through it once before making any decision :)
and u'r most welcome :)

Reaction score
Sorry, Assalam o Alaykum. :oops: :D
Thanks a bunch behan jee! :)
I knew about the forms and stuff but I read somewhere that association with a center is necessary (and that would be lame -.-).

Look, private is better in my opinion. You don't have to worry about distractions, procedures, homework and stuff plus you can avoid wasting time in extra curriculurs. Also, assessing yourself with the help of mark schemes and examiner reports is the best way to go. (y)
Yeah, it does kinda depend on the subjects, I'm going to take Computing, Chemistry, General Paper, Physics and Mathematics INSHA ALLAH and I think I'll be able to cover these myself; If I get somewhere I'll ask some of my teachers and colleagues. So that's what I think of all this now.

Thanks again!

no need to thank bhaiya ;)

ummm...but A levels is hard..especially maths..i'm inshAllah going to take it to and well :S
im not sure
gonna ask a few more people ;)
All the best :D

Reaction score
no need to thank bhaiya ;)

ummm...but A levels is hard..especially maths..i'm inshAllah going to take it to and well :S
im not sure
gonna ask a few more people ;)
All the best :D

:)
Did you take Add.maths? If you did you won't find A'levels Maths that difficult; besides, I like Maths so I know that it won't be a problem INSHA ALLAH. :D
Yeah sure. :)