• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Applying to Canada with this result?

Reaction score
Id like to do a major in maths and physics. And I plan to go abroad to Canada/USA.
My AS result is
Maths 93
bio 78
chemi 70
physics 60

Alrright its pretty bad. But I plan to give a Physics retake in november and hope to bring that up to a decent grade. Im getting my bio rechecked in hopes of getting it to an A but even if it stays at 78 I really dont care ill just have to pull it up in a2, itd just look better if i had an A when im applying abroad. Iwe got SAT 1 in october and SAT 2 in december. And I plan to give a complete retake of Chemistry in June provided i do allright in my novemeber session and sats.
Being as pragmatic as possible, Lets suppose i pull my Physics grade up to a low A and that my bio result stays the same. Id end up with AABB. And if i complement that with decent sat scores say, 2000+ at the least. Would I have any shot at getting accepted into a mid-low tier Canadian/US university? Thsi is just for initial applications. Its a hard task but Id like to end up with something like A*AAA or AAAA at the end of a2. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Nothing specific yet. Just the mid-low tier universities for Canada. And obviously not the ivys for the states. Perhaps the state universities such as UT Arlington or U of Houston. And also Rice university and Texas A&M?