• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Arabic (First Language)

Reaction score
hey guyz,
what about arabic as a first language,which is better cambridge or edexcel
i heard edexcel is 1)better,2)easier and 3) the A* is quite low in percentage
is that true?? is cambridge better and the A* is much easier?
as i'm intending to take arabic this summer..
thanks in advance :) :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Though I do not know anything about ARABIC, but I think Grades for all LANGUAGES are way same!!
So I wud say that go 4 CAMBRIDGE!!!!!! :) ( U need not 2 go 4 the EASY one, just work hard and get an A* :) )

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
I don't take Arabic but if you think you want to go for the easy one then you download some pastpapers and check which one is easy for you!!

Reaction score
Adham-amr said:
hey guyz,
EDEXCEL IS MUCH EASIER AND ALL of the qualities u said and i recommend any 1 to take it in summer but im hesitating with arabic edexecel or :geek: :geek: accounting OL with math AS (constant )

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Math_angel said:
I don't take Arabic but if you think you want to go for the easy one then you download some pastpapers and check which one is easy for you!!

This is the BEST answer!!
check out the PAST PAPERS of both- Cambridge and Ed-excel,, and tryna find it out urself...which one wud b better!!

If u ask the OPINION of v students, then for sure, students doing CAMBRIDGE wud prefer CAMBRIDGE and students doing ED-EXCEL wud prefer ED-EXCEL!!

So betta... U decide urself!!

Reaction score
My friends are in Egypt and they as far as I know , most of them are taking Edexcelian Arabic because they say it is way easier to score an A* than in Cambridge , However the British Council in Qatar has told me that they do not give Cambridge Arabic as a First Language. But I have heard that in Egyptian Universities , they focus on Cambridge Candidates and leave Edexcel candidates in the end however I am not sure. ( I suggest Cambridge , Read the Qur'an , and look for Arabic Grammar ( Nahw , Sarf ) books as well as books that might help in writing.

As for the "which is better" Part , I will ask them once I get in touch with them again Inshaa'Allah.

Reaction score
Romeo10 said:
Adham-amr said:
hey guyz,
EDEXCEL IS MUCH EASIER AND ALL of the qualities u said and i recommend any 1 to take it in summer but im hesitating with arabic edexecel or :geek: :geek: accounting OL with math AS (constant )
me too..i was confused between arabic and accounting..but i chose arabic and leave accounting till next june,but after some thoughts " i don like arabic,and don wanna take arabic " i dunno..as there is not much subjects to choose from..!!

Reaction score
Adham-amr said:
Romeo10 said:
Adham-amr said:
hey guyz,
me too..i was confused between arabic and accounting..but i chose arabic and leave accounting till next june,but after some thoughts " i don like arabic,and don wanna take arabic " i dunno..as there is not much subjects to choose from..!!

Pick what suits you most , but remember that Arabic is required for Egyptian Universities , ¬¬ plus its easiness , as a native language , makes it more like a free subject :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
If u dun even noe how 2 study for a PARTICULAR subject then y take it!!!
Free Advice: Drop it ;)
Juz kiddin!!!!

Go through the Past Papers+Mark Schemes+Examiner Reports and also a CIE endorsed Arabic Language textbook!!!!

Reaction score
.I.Am.Me. said:
does anyone know how 2 study 4 arabic examination?? :?

Well , the arabic language mainly divides into two major branches , Na7w and Sarf :) and there is the third branch which is small , yet important ... and that is how to write an article... if you master these then you are free to go.

Reaction score
I would say go for cambridge but it may not suit you so it is better to get samples of both and see for yourself which is better
to study cambridge arabic ,you should know all types of compositions then practice using past papers ,examiners reports and mark schemes and try to get more questions and solve them.Also you can read more to get more ideas in case