• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are Private Students Accepted In Colleges

Reaction score
Well friends are any of you private ?? What are the problems if i registered as a private candidate !!all what i know is that i will not be able to do my ICT exam if I registered as a private student .
I already take 6 subjects now if i didnt do my ICT it will be 5 subjects then, do colleges accept a specified number of subjects or wht can do??
Tank you :)

Reaction score
Iam a Private student..... The number of subjects Needed will depend on which college you wanna get to !
For Example My college needs 8 OLs and 2 Als and i took the 8 subjects private without the ICT .
So you can go and ask in the college you want for the number of Subjects !

Reaction score
Iam a Private student..... The number of subjects Needed will depend on which college you wanna get to !
For Example My college needs 8 OLs and 2 Als and i took the 8 subjects private without the ICT .
Which college r u goin in? Is it in Jeddah or smwere else?

Reaction score
thanx sista but u know actualy i m not planning 2 do 11 and 12 i m going college after 10 and i only take 6 subjects!! btw which cntry r u studying in !!

Reaction score
well i am even in jeddah and planning to go to ethiopia or yemen for college........!! well egypt colleges i guess require more subjects nd qualified ones!!

Reaction score
if i am private i can do I.C.T....thanx God I am not, well u can do it actually but if u registrd wid odr skool not ur own!!

Reaction score
Serah, I'm also in Jeddah and I'm about to register for ICT as a private candidate through Manarat. Perhaps you could do it through them too. And as for how many subjects you should do, take a look at the colleges you're thinking of, and send them emails/call them up and ask them how many subjects would be needed. I read somewhere that Egypt requires 8 IGCSE subjects only. I also know a friend who is going to go to college in Sudan, she did about 7 subjects, I'm not sure I'll have to ask her for you. But if you're going to other countries like UK/US/Canada/Australia/etc., then you'll have to do at least AS levels also.

Reaction score
i know some ppl who have been 2 malaysia for college without even showing their igcse result as dey receieved late and the college accepted them with their o-level mock exam.....i dunno hows dat??
anyways i am not private anymore i registrd as a skool candidate with my skool and I am doing all de subjects in ovt/nov inshallah!!!
I would like to thank you 4 ur corporation sis......Good Luk :)

Reaction score
Oct/Nov 2012? That's a long way to go! Good luck, and if you want a study buddy I can help out, as I live in Jeddah. I have already sat for IGCSE Maths, Eng (1st Lang) and Bio. I did pretty good (A) in all except Math. I'm also studying right now for IGCSE Chem, Phy, Geo, ICT, Comp Stu, Arabic and Travel & Tourism. Let me know if you'd like to form a study group with me and a couple of friends.

Bouchra

Reaction score
Serah, I'm also in Jeddah and I'm about to register for ICT as a private candidate through Manarat. Perhaps you could do it through them too. And as for how many subjects you should do, take a look at the colleges you're thinking of, and send them emails/call them up and ask them how many subjects would be needed. I read somewhere that Egypt requires 8 IGCSE subjects only. I also know a friend who is going to go to college in Sudan, she did about 7 subjects, I'm not sure I'll have to ask her for you. But if you're going to other countries like UK/US/Canada/Australia/etc., then you'll have to do at least AS levels also.

Well i am sudanese living in the uk and i will be giving my igcse exams in this coming may/june.I am planning to study medicine in sudan.I am taking 7 subjects which includes:eng,maths,phy,chem,bio,ICT and arabic.what r the admissionary requirements in sudan!what are the important subjects that i should be taking as i'll be a medical student?Is islamic compulsary?.

Reaction score
There's literally no difference between giving exams as a private candidate and appearing through the school, I gave my A Levels and O Levels through school and the only difference I noticed was the name of the school on the certificate(which have almost no value) and you get your results straight from your school, if you appear privately then you have to get them from the office British Council. Regarding ICT practicals, many schools offer private candidates to use their lab for practicals for some fee.
If you're joining university after IGCSE's, then you need to ask your university to be sure because foundation courses don't have a universal entrance standard, but remember that you need at least 5 subjects.

Reaction score
i know some ppl who have been 2 malaysia for college without even showing their igcse result as dey receieved late and the college accepted them with their o-level mock exam.....i dunno hows dat??
anyways i am not private anymore i registrd as a skool candidate with my skool and I am doing all de subjects in ovt/nov inshallah!!!
I would like to thank you 4 ur corporation sis......Good Luk :)
Some of my friends left for Malaysia for Foundation+Degree in engineering...they take you in foundation on the basis of your O level :)

Reaction score
i'm privately giving edexcel A2 physics and chemistry exams on june. the problem is unit 6 (6CH06 for chem and 6PH06 for physics) appears nowhere in the 'entry detail form', except in the single check box, that includes all 6 units, but i have already givin AS papers.
2ndly unit 6 dont even appear in the'examination timetable'!
have they made changes to the course in the past 2 years, since i gave my AS in 2012 june, wondering if they r still valid?

Reaction score
There's literally no difference between giving exams as a private candidate and appearing through the school, I gave my A Levels and O Levels through school and the only difference I noticed was the name of the school on the certificate(which have almost no value) and you get your results straight from your school, if you appear privately then you have to get them from the office British Council. Regarding ICT practicals, many schools offer private candidates to use their lab for practicals for some fee.
If you're joining university after IGCSE's, then you need to ask your university to be sure because foundation courses don't have a universal entrance standard, but remember that you need at least 5 subjects.
Nice reply..
If a student takes cie igcse math extended and willing to take physics and chemistry igcse core,can the private candidate be able to do this?