• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ARE YOU A TRUE MUSLIM???

Reaction score
5. “O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)” (The Qur'an: 2.183)
The Prophet [SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam] said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it." (Bukhari V3.B31#120)

The Fard fasts:
Allah's Apostle [SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam] said, "When you see the crescent (of the month of Ramadan), start fasting, and when you see the crescent (of the month of Shawwal), stop fasting; and if the sky is overcast (and you can't see It) then regard the crescent (month) of Ramadan (as of 30 days)". (Bukhari V3.B31#124)

A bedouin with unkempt hair came to Allah's Apostle [SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam] and asked, "Inform me what Allah has made compulsory for me as regards fasting." He [SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam] replied, "You have to fast during the whole month of Ramadan, unless you want to fast more as Nawafil." (Bukhari V3.B31#115)

Narrated Anas [RadhiAllahu 'Anhu]:
Allah's Apostle [SallAllahu Alayhi Wasallam] used to leave fasting in a certain month till we thought that he would not fast in that month, and he used to fast in another month till we thought he would not stop fasting at all in that month. (Bukhari V3.B31#193)

Majority of the Muslims make it a point to fast during the month of Ramadan, therefore most of us should be able to put a check mark next to the Pillar of Fasting.

Now, let's look at our checklist. How many checks do we have out of five? Based on the number of check marks, are we qualified to say that "I am a Muslim"? If the answer if "Yes", then great and we should continue practicing these duties. However, if the answer is "No", then we must pray to Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) to guide us to the right path and help us in becoming a practicing Muslim. We must sincerely believe and practice all of the Five Pillars. Thereafter, we can proudly say "I am a Muslim"!

lets get back to where we started from where we started...ARE WE TRUE PRACTICING MUSLIMS??
if u ask me i will not be confident enough to say YES...srsly..
what about u guys??

inshaAllah i'll make it a yes.....