• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Argumentative Writing

Reaction score
Hey,
Can anybode tel me the rght pattern for argumentative writing.......

Reaction score
Hey,
Can anybode tel me the rght pattern for argumentative writing.......

When writing an argumentative essay,
Introduction:
You write your interpretation of the topic being unbiased.

Main Body:
It can consist of three to four paragraphs consisting of valid arguments. You have to write on both the pros and cons of the given situation with facts included and it should Not include your personal opinion.

Conclusion:
When writing this, you have to choose which side of the argument are you siding with giving suitable explanation to it as well. Your conclusion should be precise, to the point and persuasive. It should include your opinion and should be reasoned out.

Hope this helped you.

Reaction score
But, if you're writing both sides and coming to a conclusion, isn't that a discursive essay?

Reaction score
I am not familiar with the particular "pattern" -- if there is even a generic one applicable to all argumentative essays -- but based on my experience with GP essays and the basics of "arguments and conclusions", I will give just my two cents: I highly doubt that you have the option to choose which conclusion you would like to come to, at the end of an argument or argumentative essay. The arguments you will need to present, should be clearly relevant to, and support the conclusion you are going to reach, either at the start of the essay or at the end. Sometimes, it is helpful to preemptively write some arguments to counter any expected objection which might be raised, to some specific point you made in the essay; otherwise, you have to stick to arguments that support the point/conclusion you have in mind. The particular pattern and how you approach the essay can vary greatly, depending on the topic and subject content you are going to write.