• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS/A2 bio phys chem doubts? Post and I will answer ASAP :D

Reaction score
I have been answering many doubts in different threads so i decided to make this thread for answering all your doubts here! I got straight A's in AS so i wouldnt mind helping you all out :)

Reaction score
Do we need to memorize the wavelenghts and frequencies of all the electromagnetic waves and separate wavelengths and frequencies of VIBGYOR?

Reaction score
And I am short of time. Which past papers should I solve? Which are the must-to-do past papers? ANYONE HERE TO ANSWER ME? :confused:

Reaction score
Do we need to memorize the wavelenghts and frequencies of all the electromagnetic waves and separate wavelengths and frequencies of VIBGYOR?
Not VIBGYOR :p only violet and red .. and all other electromagnetic spectrum :)

Reaction score
And I am short of time. Which past papers should I solve? Which are the must-to-do past papers? ANYONE HERE TO ANSWER ME? :confused:
Solve recent ones! The pattern will be more similar :p if you have less time, start backwards from recent years and do as much as you can! Recent years are harder anyway :p

Reaction score
Physic As oct 2010 / 12 mcq 22 and 34
May 2011/12 mcq 15,16,24
Q22- it has to give reading for a small mass so the low k will stretch more. Low k is in the box so that if a large mass is present, the low k spring doesnt stretch much and is less sensitive.
Q34- V decreases. The gradient should become more positive so its B.
Q15- They should be in opposite directions. So its either B or C. In C both forces are acting at the same point so its not a couple.
Q24- Its B because if there are more springs per unit area, the force is distributed among all the springs so compression is less.

Reaction score
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Q1 No. of moles multiply by 6.02*10^23 gives u the number of amino acids which is around 1800.
Q2 Find moles of O2 - 500/1000 /24 = 0.02 moles * 6.02*10^23 = option A
Q3 2NaCl + 2H2O --> 2NaOH + Cl2 + H2
only one mole of NaCl is used so one mole of NaOH is formed which is 40 and half H2 is produced which is 1 and half Cl2 which is 35.5 so its A