• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS/A2 'CIE' or 'A' level PSYCHOLOGY

Reaction score
Has anyone done psychology as a subject at A level? if you have.. do you have any suggestions whether or not to take the subject? And please feel free to explain your opinion.

Reaction score
I didn't have Psychology in O'Levels but I went for it in A Levels.
Psychology is a full-credit subject.
Alex Irving,what do you want to know???
Which other subjects do you have???

Reaction score
I didn't have Psychology in O'Levels but I went for it in A Levels.
Psychology is a full-credit subject.
Alex Irving,what do you want to know???
Which other subjects do you have???

Okay firstly psychology is not offered as a subject for anyone at my school, but I can still choose it as a subject at school but I am required to take it offline meaning it's self study. If it's too hard then I can't see myself studying it at home by myself. and plus because it's not a subject that is done at our school I do not know what content is studied and what it involves and how difficult will examinations be....

Reaction score
Alex Irving,in AS there are 20 studies.Candidates are required to be able to analyze them.In order,to be able to do so you need to have an understanding of the perspectives,issues and debates and terminologies mentioned in the syllabus.If you have a background for the subject then you may go for it on your own.If not then you should get help from a teacher.40% learning is involved.Psychology ain't very difficult but it ain't a piece of cake either.
You didn't tell me your subjects!!!

Reaction score
Alex Irving,in AS there are 20 studies.Candidates are required to be able to analyze them.In order,to be able to do so you need to have an understanding of the perspectives,issues and debates and terminologies mentioned in the syllabus.If you have a background for the subject then you may go for it on your own.If not then you should get help from a teacher.40% learning is involved.Psychology ain't very difficult but it ain't a piece of cake either.
You didn't tell me your subjects!!!

Oh yep. Theres four subjects four us at a level ..So iv decided to take biology history maths and English.

Reaction score
Oh yep. Theres four subjects four us at a level ..So iv decided to take biology history maths and English.
A level psychology isn't difficult, it's only a bit tricky, and for your combination i would suggest you to take Marine Science instead of History, there are very less resources available on Marine Science but i would provide you with the best notes and with Biology it would be a piece of cake for you.

Reaction score
Yes, it is a science and a full credit one. If you let me know of your A level subjects, ill guide you with the best combination and the subjects that would be the easiest for you to do.

thanks really appreciate your help. Iv only heard of marine science once and not particularly lured in to it as i have no knowledge of it... although I can do A level subjects next year i will be sitting (AS) exams and- the only subjects that are offered at school with a teacher are in the table below and the other subjects i will have to take as self study
AS A2
Accounting *
Art History
Biology
Biology*
Business Studies
Business Studies*
Chemistry
Chemistry*
Computing
Computing*
Design Technology
Design Technology
Economics
Economics*
English Literature
English Literature*
English Language & Lit.#
Geography
Geography*
History
History
Japanese
French
French*
German
German
Mathematics
Mathematics*
Physical Education
Physical Education
Physics
Physics*

Reaction score
thanks really appreciate your help. Iv only heard of marine science once and not particularly lured in to it as i have no knowledge of it... although I can do A level subjects next year i will be sitting (AS) exams and- the only subjects that are offered at school with a teacher are in the table below and the other subjects i will have to take as self study
AS A2
Accounting *
Art History
Biology
Biology*
Business Studies
Business Studies*
Chemistry
Chemistry*
Computing
Computing*
Design Technology
Design Technology
Economics
Economics*
English Literature
English Literature*
English Language & Lit.#
Geography
Geography*
History
History
Japanese
French
French*
German
German
Mathematics
Mathematics*
Physical Education
Physical Education
Physics
Physics*

World Geography at A Levels is far more interesting and i would say, easier than A levels History, man you are one lucky guy you have it's teacher at your school, i have to study it at my own making notes from google :|

Reaction score
Yes, it is a science and a full credit one. If you let me know of your A level subjects, ill guide you with the best combination and the subjects that would be the easiest for you to do.

I was thinking of doing English Lit, Pyschology or Biology and Art and design?

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing English Lit, Pyschology or Biology and Art and design?

English literature with Art and Design is fine, but if you don't want to get into any medical profession then you may do Design and Textiles as a 3rd subject, this would make a brilliant combination or if you like science subjects Biology (not similar), you can take Marine Science, this one has the least material available to study but i can provide you with the best notes, or tell me any other subject you are interested in?

Reaction score
English literature with Art and Design is fine, but if you don't want to get into any medical profession then you may do Design and Textiles as a 3rd subject, this would make a brilliant combination or if you like science subjects Biology (not similar), you can take Marine Science, this one has the least material available to study but i can provide you with the best notes, or tell me any other subject you are interested in?

I am thinking of going into Midwifery, so I will most definitely need a science, and most probably Biology.

Reaction score
I am thinking of going into Midwifery, so I will most definitely need a science, and most probably Biology.

Take Biology, Psychology and English Language, an open road to become a psychiatrist (an earning profession), i have a feeling that you're the type of person who likes Biology but does not want to become a doctor :giggle: What really are you looking forward to become in the future? :)

Reaction score
I'm not mad on Biology, no, but I'll need it to pursue a career in Midwifery, which is what I want to do. I despise English Language and I find it incredibly boring but I really enjoy English Literature which is why I will be taking it. I definitely won't take two sciences and I like Art and Design, which is why I will take that. No offence, but the reason I asked for help was for guidance about Psychology, not about what A Levels I should be taking.

Reaction score
I'm not mad on Biology, no, but I'll need it to pursue a career in Midwifery, which is what I want to do. I despise English Language and I find it incredibly boring but I really enjoy English Literature which is why I will be taking it. I definitely won't take two sciences and I like Art and Design, which is why I will take that. No offence, but the reason I asked for help was for guidance about Psychology, not about what A Levels I should be taking.

I'll PM you all the details about this subject.

Reaction score
I am currently doing my A2's.Psychology is the best choice if you have biology as it will open many fields but for an engineering, take psychology as an extra subject.

Reaction score
I am currently doing my A2's.Psychology is the best choice if you have biology as it will open many fields but for an engineering, take psychology as an extra subject.

Hey are you doing it as self study or as a subject at school where you actually have a teacher

Reaction score
What about this combination to be taken for A Levels:
Mathematics, Economics, Psychology and Sociology? :/