• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS bio 33 practical

Reaction score
Salaam
Plz Can any one tell me what is coming in bio practical on 10th may. I have Phy Paper 4 the next day so will save a lot of time.
THNX IN ADVANCE

Reaction score
if its 33 then there is a chance of question 1 realted to enzymes...urease in particular
have a look at p5 june 2003..it has a question relating urease..!
tht is all i knw...and i would appreciate any further info!
thanks!

Reaction score
can some one plzzzz inform us about the slide question!!
Thanks ''alevelsfreak'' for ur help! plzzz Slide question someone you guys will get prayers in exchange..,

Reaction score
what is coming in bio 31 ??
Exam on tuesday :S
Plz say here or PM me !

Reaction score
SAME! i noticed almost everyone here talks about variant 3 in bio practicals only! what about variant 1?! its tomorrow O_O

Reaction score
Hey all.. Yhe 4 2mrw We might have Urease... N Transverse Section of leaf.. Hopefully..

http://www.scienceinschool.org/print/607 a link realted to enzymes urease.....

Ok Duh we're getting urease & urea tomorrow in Bio 33, Now what wud be the Improvements, Sources of error & Limitations for the experiment below?
Enzyme Concentration

In this investigation, we will examine what happens to the rate of a reaction when the amount of enzyme is reduced. We will use urease, an enzyme that converts urea to ammonia. The ammonia causes the pH of the water to increase (it becomes more basic). You will be able to tell when a reaction occurs because the urea solution also contains a pH indicator that is becomes yellow in acid but turns red when the solution becomes basic.

The object of this experiment is to measure the amount of time it takes for the solution to turn red if less enzyme is used.

C1. Create a hypothesis regarding the the amount of urease and the rate of reaction of Urea.

C2. Obtain four test tubes and add 2 cm of urea to each.

C3. Label three of these tubes 1 through 3; the remaining tube will not be used; it will serve as a control.

C4. Have your lab partner start timing as you add 15 drops of urease to tube #1 and then swirl the tube until it changes to a red color. Record the amount of time that it took for the urease to change to a red color.

C5. Add 5 drops of urease to tube #2 and then swirl the tube until it changes to a red color. Record the amount of time that it took for the urease to change to a red color.

C6. Add 1 drop of urease to tube #3 and then swirl the tube until it changes to a red color. Record the amount of time that it took for the urease to change to a red color.

C7. Record your results in the answer sheet.

C8. Did using less enzyme produce a reaction?

C9. What was the effect of using less enzyme in your experiment? If your experiment did not work as expected, what should have happened?

C10. In general, what happens to the rate of reaction as the amount of enzyme is decreased?

C11. Do your results support your hypothesis? Explain.