• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology Help Needed!

Reaction score
Basically, I made a big mistake at the start of the year and now I'm stuck with AS Biology.. Its my worst subject by far...

Can anyone give me some helpful study tips because I really don't want to fail but its so hard. I can't remember anything! Whatever goes in just goes out. We're halfway into the course - exams are in Oct/Nov.

How do you guys memorize!?

Also, I'm an audio learner so AUDIO BOOKS and PODCASTS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
1st of all....look at the past paper to know what type of questions are asked from various chapters..so that when u study u know that should b focused more....Now, this is how u study...look at the past paper and then read AS/A level Biology Endorsed by CIE..and then...get a concept from..Either Book called biological Science by D.J Taylor and N.P.O Green...or use www.khanacademy.org to get a concept!! n for Practicals, u need to practice as much as u can..coz this is not the thing u can do without practice!! and finally practice all past papers..!!

Reaction score
Hey! Im doin A Level Biology too..
!s of all go through ur Chapter.. as well as try understanding it.. In bio u dnt need to MUG UP anythg.. U jst need to understand n yea rmbr few thgs..
4 makin it more easy hv a look ovr the videos ovr youtube.. Its vry easy den.. n at d den.. whn ur dn wit d chptr or ur potion.. Hv a look orv d past papers.. Try slovin it.. n evr go through it so dat u hv a idea hw ques r asked.. :)
Hope i hv helpd u.. All d bst.. :D

Reaction score
dont worry memorising can be a fun job.. the simplest way to memorise could be loads of repitation.. read the book as many times as u can and u'll surely get it.. the second trick could be relating the datas wid the things u like this way u can recall them easily during xams.. well bio sure is am intresting subject if u study it wid loads of xamples and relations.. relate your bio knoledge wid your day to day life and u will neva for get what you study.. practice loads of past papers and check your level by checking your answers in the markschemes.. mark schemes help you a lot they show you the format of writing your answers.. there are loads of tricks in answering cie questions and these tricks can be learned by refering to the mark scheme.. bio in cie is a piece of cake.. all you need is consistance.. it is just like maths if u do not show regularity u will surely face loads of probs..
Have FUN!!

Reaction score
iamjason8 said:
Basically, I made a big mistake at the start of the year and now I'm stuck with AS Biology.. Its my worst subject by far...

Can anyone give me some helpful study tips because I really don't want to fail but its so hard. I can't remember anything! Whatever goes in just goes out. We're halfway into the course - exams are in Oct/Nov.

How do you guys memorize!?

Also, I'm an audio learner so AUDIO BOOKS and PODCASTS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would suggest u to follow the cambridge endrosed book!
read it and try to make concepts ur way!!
its really easy and u can do it!!