• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology P1 MCQs Preparation Thread

Reaction score

w 09
40) ok now the bag with the smallest net size did not have any change, this means that decomposers (microorganisms) are not an important factor here, since microorganisms are small enough to be present in all net sizes. so B and D are gone. now from A and C....A is the most likely one, because when the net size is the largest there is a great change therefore it has to be a bigger animal.

s 10
6) considering 1.0moldm–3 A and C are cancelled since 1 and 2 cannot be the results of cells placed in the same solution and the same for C, and then the answer is D.
34) use proprtionality
if 0.1 mm on the stage = 40 units on the eye piece
then how many stage units (x) = 100 units on the eye piece
x = 0.25 mm >> 250 micrometers (this is the diameter) r = 125 micrometers
area = pi x 125 ^2

w 10
5) same thing
0.1 mm (100 micrometers) > 40 units
10 micrometers > x
x = 4

Reaction score
I can help you with the last four except the first one as it also was a doubt for me
2nd doubt:
40 divisions on eyepiece graticule=0.1mm
1 division on eyepiece= o.1/40=0.0025 or 2.5 micrometres
so 1 division on eyepiece=2.5 micro
10 micro= 10/2.5=4

3rd doubt:
you should read the question carefully because in this case you have to multiply the number of individuals by the biomass (as the biomass is of one individual) multiplied by their energy value( as it is per unit mass). In this way, S has a value of 450000, P has 1000, Q has 100 and R has 1.8

4th doubt:
Ignore the lung volume column, its only there to confuse you but it's not required because to calculate the volume of air that is moved to the lungs per minute(which would obtain the most oxygen), you should calculate the ventilation rate. i.e, tidal volume multiplied bu the breathing rate. In this case, B would have the greatest value.

5th doubt:
To calculate the area of the field (i.e the area of the circle, which is (pi X radius squared), what you are required to do is to find the radius (half of the diameter) . To find the diameter, you should calibrate: 40 divisions on eyepiece=0.1 mm on stage. 1 division on eyepiece= 0.1/40=0.0025 mm which is 2.5 micro. So, 1 division on eyepiece=2.5 micro
50 divisions on eyepiece (because that's the radius, i.e. half of 100)= 50 multiplied by 2.5= 125 (then use the area of cirlce formula)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

I need help with Question 26, 30 ad 32 of Nov 2002 plz...

26 is A

32 is A

Attachments

• 9700_w02_qp_1.pdf
    222.1 KB · Views: 10

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
how do v take snapshots from pdf files?
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb!

there's a select image option in the pdfreader...adobe reader or whatever u r using...copy imageusing that...paste it in paint..and save the file...

Alternative..if you're using windows 7...u can use the snipping tool..

Reaction score
I can help you with the last four except the first one as it also was a doubt for me
2nd doubt:
40 divisions on eyepiece graticule=0.1mm
1 division on eyepiece= o.1/40=0.0025 or 2.5 micrometres
so 1 division on eyepiece=2.5 micro
10 micro= 10/2.5=4

3rd doubt:
you should read the question carefully because in this case you have to multiply the number of individuals by the biomass (as the biomass is of one individual) multiplied by their energy value( as it is per unit mass). In this way, S has a value of 450000, P has 1000, Q has 100 and R has 1.8

4th doubt:
Ignore the lung volume column, its only there to confuse you but it's not required because to calculate the volume of air that is moved to the lungs per minute(which would obtain the most oxygen), you should calculate the ventilation rate. i.e, tidal volume multiplied bu the breathing rate. In this case, B would have the greatest value.

5th doubt:
To calculate the area of the field (i.e the area of the circle, which is (pi X radius squared), what you are required to do is to find the radius (half of the diameter) . To find the diameter, you should calibrate: 40 divisions on eyepiece=0.1 mm on stage. 1 division on eyepiece= 0.1/40=0.0025 mm which is 2.5 micro. So, 1 division on eyepiece=2.5 micro
50 divisions on eyepiece (because that's the radius, i.e. half of 100)= 50 multiplied by 2.5= 125 (then use the area of cirlce formula)
hey see Q.30 of the following ppr...its similar to the 4th doubt...bt little different...can u pls explain dis Question as well..
here'z the link:- http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/...and AS Level/Biology (9700)/9700_w02_qp_1.pdf
thnx! :)