• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS Biology paper 22 May 13th 2013

How did it go?

• It was easy.

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • It was OK.

Votes: 45 54.2%
  • It was BAD.

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters
Reaction score
yea i gave 22 vari ..... i didnt see this ques :O .....question kia tha :O ....kis page pr tha and kis baray main tha ....plzz tell me :(
the very last page, the very last qestion. there was a table, and we had to number the sequence of heart activities during myogenic stimulation

Reaction score
Nai, we both are wrong.. check Google.. denaturation never occurs at low temp.. enzyme is inactive, that is why it stopped working completely.. :'(
but they said k it was permanently denatured, and did not regain activity at reaching optimum temps.. i have read about permanent denaturation at high temps, never this.
i wrote randomly about the structure being changed etc.. which sounded dumb actually :cautious:

Reaction score
The 1st sugar was maltose, the 2nd trehalose, the 3rd cellobiose the 4th sucrose.
In the epidemiological question, you had to say something to the effect of that when the number of smokers increases, the number of TB cases reported also increases.
i just quoted the first two bullet points for the epedimiological evidence..

Reaction score
1- For the disaccharides...i got
A-Cellobaise (wtvr the name is) ---> two beta glucose
B-Maltose --->Two Alpha Glucose
C-Trehalos (or sucrose)
D- Sucrose (or Trehalos)

2-What is the actual size in the magnification question?
i got it 5 !!

3-why canser cells have extra mitochondrea and RER?
i made up my answer saying that it needed mauch energy for reproduction and protien synthesis to spread out (Things along the line)

Someone Correct me!
i wrote the same for 3

Reaction score
Guys I talked to my teacher and she said Trehalose was the first, sucrose last. I can't remember the rest. Does anyone remember all the questions? I'm trying to retrace my steps.

1 Diffrence between Meosis and Mitosis
2 Benefits of light microscope
3 How xylem structure relates to function
4 Antibiotics question
5 Epidemiological Q
6 Effect of tobacco smoke
7 2 cures of CHD
8 Bio Molecules Q
9 Number the control of heartbeat
10 Why muscle of left ventricle is bigger
11 Enzyme in cold conditions

Am I forgetting anything (not in order btw)

Also I'm detecting a kind of trend with the science subjects (I do all three) they have been setting one weird or hard paper for each science but the rest should be doable/ easy.

Reaction score
Guys I talked to my teacher and she said Trehalose was the first, sucrose last. I can't remember the rest. Does anyone remember all the questions? I'm trying to retrace my steps.

4 Antibiotics question
5 Epidemiological Q
7 2 cures of CHD
8 Bio Molecules Q

Also I'm detecting a kind of trend with the science subjects (I do all three) they have been setting one weird or hard paper for each science but the rest should be doable/ easy.
13 micro meter length of orginal specimen

Reaction score

4 Antibiotics question
5 Epidemiological Q
7 2 cures of CHD
8 Bio Molecules Q

also difference between transcription and replication

Reaction score
wasnt that easy.. would b about 42-45
i think it was easy, but the chances of marks penalization is all the more high because of it.
i feel that although i knew the answers pretty well, the expression of these might not have been that good
:cautious: